Saturday, December 01, 2007

Be of Good Cheer

....for it's the most Wonderful time of the Year! That's right...it's the season for giving (or receiving) again. I love Christmas time. Last week we put up our tree, and I have loved every second of it. When it gets remotely close to dusk the lights are on. We bought this tree last year, and I swear it looks even better than I remember. Trevor is actually the one who picked it out and I think that he made a wise choice. I picked the decorations, and I think that I did a pretty good job. I still have the goofy Charlie Brown tree that I bought for 20 bucks when I was in college, but I would much rather have this tree anyday!

We just bought new wood floors for our house and we are counting those as our Christmas present. If there are any presents under the tree, they will be what we are buying for our families. We did agree to do stockings though. It may seem a little childish, but I still get all giddy at Christmas. Stockings have always been my favorite things, so we definitely couldn't NOT do them. I can't wait for the day when we have our own little ones. I say this now, but I actually think it would be fun to keep kids out of the presents and away from the ornaments on the tree. I think it is so cute! They are so excited and trying to figure out what everything is all about. It's almost like reliving your own Christmas's as a kid. I am so envious of those of you that have kids!


All I have to say is bring on the lights, the music, hot chocolate, Christmas eve at Grampa's, the movie A Christmas Story and How the Grinch stole Christmas (along with all the others, but you can't have christmas without those two), and of course the two week break I get from work!!!! Woot-woo! Life doesn't get much better.......


9 comments:

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Your tree is so beautiful! I love it! Our tree is little, so next year we will get a big one, with nice ornaments! Dont you hate those hair impulsives?!

Heidi Joncas said...

Your tree is beautiful! I would take new floors over presents at my house, I am so jealous!!

Erin said...

I love your tree!! I love Christmas too. It is the most exciting and my most happy time of year for sure!

K. Bitton said...

What a beautiful tree! How fun for you guys. wood floors are nice! I really like your tree, we aren't doing a tree because we are moving! I am so bummed! It was going to be so fun with Grace, but we'll just have to wait until next year. :(

Amy J said...

I LOVE your tree! I remember how cute you decorated that one in college. We definitely have a charlie brown christmas tree...for the second year in a row! It's all our tiny home will fit!

Matt and Liz said...

Your tree looks great!! It is amazing how Christmas time tends to make everyone so happy, and in such a better mood, if only those moods lasted all year! And nice touch with the wood floors, they look really good as well from what I can see!
And I know what you mean about wondering what people are up to, I wonder about that all the time! Matt is a superintendant for D.L. Withers construction. They build big commercial buildings, he has built a school, big offices, like the ones you see that are really tall and have lots and lots of glass. He just started a really big one that will take like 4 years, so he is excited. he goes to class at night time, the owner of the company is paying for him to go to ASU. He loves it! I stay at home full time with the two kiddos, they are toooons of fun! I love my job as well! I think it is harder than Matt's job! :)

Anonymous said...

hey Taytum...we did make it to the game and were so excited to be able to watch them take state. it was a fun and great trip...but yes, we did have an accident, we rolled in our car and totalled it and both spent a little bit in the hospital, but we're both doing okay now, just really sore and trying to get back to normal life...thanks for your concern! hope all is great for you and trevor.

The Ray Family said...

My oh my!!! I love all the decorations. I'm just like you and cannot wait for x-mas time, so we had ours up before thanksgiving even lol shoot i wanna enjoy them as much as I can. Paige and Trek are doing good :) They have their own place now in snowflake, and they love it. Any snow up in st. johns?

The Ray Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.