Thursday, December 20, 2007

What Season is it?

The weather here has been so crazy. I don't think the weather is sure what it wants to do. For a few days we saw nothing but fog and drizzly weather. It would sort of rain, and then look like it was going to snow, but it felt more like it was the end of October than the middle of December.
Then last week it all of a sudden started to snow! I couldn't believe it. We never get snow here. I still remember when I was in highschool I would get ready in the morning with the radio on just listening for them to say St. Johns had a delay or no school. Every school would be out or have delays but us. But we had snow several days. Last week we even had a big storm that hadn't been predicted. The stove at our house has been going all night long to keep us warm! It finally feels like winter. (yuck!)

Now the last two days it has been warmer. It feels like the start of spring. It's still really cold in the morning and at night, but it warms up in the day and you don't even need a jacket. All the snow is pretty much melted. You can't hardly tell we even had storms.

Although winter is not my favorite, and I don't mind a fairly dry winter, I do hope that we have a white Christmas. If it would just be snowy on Christmas eve and Christmas day I would be a happy girl. Of course, we could use the moisture.....

3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Screw the weather... your pictures are beautiful!!!

Bailey said...

I want to play in the snow so bad...don't say you don't want it. Be here...and see how you like it...chick. jk

Anonymous said...

I miss the snow in SJ so bad! We are going to be in Queen Creek this year for Christmas so we wont get to see the snow. Oh and I also wanted to tell you congrats on the new addition to your family. That is so exciting!