Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Break

D-day has finally come! Okay, not really, but it is finally my last day of work for two weeks. I am so excited! I really and truly do love my job. The kids are so fun. I know a lot of people wouldn't want to work at a school, and especially not at a middle school with 7th graders, but I really love them. Of course, they are teenagers and they have their moments, but don't we all? They can be held accountable for their actions, and they are figuring out who they are. It is just lots of fun to be around them.

People don't realize how much work goes into being a teacher or a teacher's aide like me. I have heard it called a cushion job, but I don't think you would call it that if you did it everyday. My husband always gives me a hard time because we have the summer off and then Christmas break and also half-days of school often. What some people don't realize is how much those days are needed!!! Not only are the kids sick of the everyday hum-drum of school, but they are sick of us. Likewise, we need a break from them too. Bring on the break....

I fully intend on sleeping in every morning (anything past 6:30 is sleeping in for me), and just lying in bed on those days when I feel so sick to my stomach. I have two weeks of not having to fight the morning sickness at work. YAY!

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a good one. Travel safe. I hope all my kids at school will come back rested and ready to get back to work.

1 comment:

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Yay For break! Teachers and aids all deserve breaks! Kids can drive a person mad! Morning sickness is no fun! I hope you feel a little bit better! Merry Christmas!