Thursday, June 26, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Sunday - Two ladies in my ward, who I think so highly of and really look up to, see me and were so polite and nice. They asked me how I was feeling and commented that I "finally are really starting to show" and then said that they betted that I was hitting the uncomfortable stage. I told them that yes I really have hit that stage. I wasn't offended by the conversation whatsoever, but kinda felt good because I took it like I haven't been SO huge thus far.
Monday - While running errands with Trevor we ran into a lady that has a daughter I graduated with. She asked what we were doing and then said, "Well, you look really good."
Tuesday - At the post office this lady I know informs me, "You are BIG." Hmm...just what I want to hear. But don't you worry I got this appalled look on my face and said, "No, I'm not." I think that threw her off and she realized maybe that wasn't the appropriate thing to say. I lied and then told her I had only gained ten pounds, but I really don't know I just know my doctor has said I haven't gained much. Then I also told her that all the weight I have gained is in my belly no where else.
Wednesday(today) - wondering if the Witness Protection Program would ever considered putting a pregnant woman into hiding.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Sunday, June 15, 2008
- I don't think that all husbands are initially excited about the prospect of having a baby. It entails a lot: less attention from the wife, someone else to provide for, huge responsibility, etc...but my husband was. I'll never forget lying on the couch one day before he left to bball practice and telling him that I thought maybe I was pregnant....that look was priceless.
- I have been super excited about this baby, but I have also tried to curb it somewhat. I did have 9 months and lots can happen, but Trevor was so geared up and ready to go that he made me even more happy and excited about this baby.
- He has put together TONS of baby things without complaint. We barely get home from the store with a new purchase and he already has it out of the box and tackles putting it together.
- Trevor hates shopping for clothes, but when it comes to looking at clothes for Brody it's another story. AND he has picked out some cute stuff.
- I have felt like I am a bad mom already because I so wanted a girl, and even though Trevor wanted a girl initially, he is the one that got the most excited about a boy, he is the one who has never thought twice about a girl since we found out we were having a boy. He is the one that says having a boy first is better anyway.
- Even though my appointments have pretty much all been the same old boring stuff, Trevor has been to every single one that he could.
- I'm ready to be done being pregnant but that is more for comfort reasons than anything else....my husband just said this weekend that he was ready for this kid NOW.
- I know that my husband is going to be a hands-on type of dad. I don't think he will just pass off the parenting stuff on me. He is ready to do whatever.
- This doesn't apply to being a good dad, but it does for him being a good husband; my body has become increasingly more unappealing but Trevor has been so sweet about it all. He reassures me that everything is okay, it's part of life, and just makes me feel better. So maybe him calming me down actually is beneficial to this baby growing inside me.
- One huge thing that Trevor has already been doing: he is our family's provider. He works hard and puts in long hours. It is something that he was doing for he and I, but it seems like so much more now knowing that he is doing it for our child now too.
- Trevor is a strong priesthood holder. Something that I didn't have in my home growing up always. He will bless our baby and be able to give our family blessings that we otherwise wouldn't have if he wasn't a priesthood holder.
- Lastly, and something that means a lot to me...Trevor works hard and does overtime so that I can be at home with Brody. I don't know what better thing he can be doing as a Father than that. I think it seems a little unfair sometimes, and I even feel a little guilty for being at home (especially right now), but Trevor does it without complaint. Plus, he WANTS me to be able to be at home for as long as we can possibly manage.
Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. You really don't know how much you are appreciated. Also, thank you to all the men out there who aren't father's but have been there as teachers, coaches, or neighbors to kids who have needed them.!
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Talk about the weirdest sensation!
Sunday, June 08, 2008
- I'm getting bigger every day, but I still haven't hit the completely uncomfortable stage yet.
- Getting out of bed/off the couch/out of the car/up off the floor takes longer and more effort than it ever used to.
- Sometimes I can't breathe and I'll stand up and take deep breaths in and out just so I don't feel like I'm suffocating.
- This little human being does in fact have to come out of me.....more than a little terrifying if you ask me.
- I am 3/4ths of the way finished with being pregnant.
- For the first time I am really starting to wonder what this kid is going to look like. I've thought about it before, but now I wonder about the details like will he have brown eyes like me or blue/green eyes like Trevor and all his brothers do.
- There's this old wives tale that says if you have heartburn your kid is going to have hair...none of my mom's kids had hair, but Trevor and his siblings all did.....BUT considering how much heartburn I have endured this baby better come out needing a dang haircut.
- Some people are lucky enough to not have stretch marks...I'm not one of them...AND it gets worse everyday. Pregnancy is not the time to be vain, but seriously this is one thing that has made me more than a little sad.
- I keep hearing that you should have really good skin when you are pregnant, but mine sucks more than ever.
- Will I be a good mom?
- Our lives are about to be forever altered. I hear it's a good change, but I still can't imagine how different it's going to be.
- My maternity shirts are getting a little smaller (well, I'm getting bigger, but it sounds better the other way), but I am still able to wear my own jeans.
- I really have 10 weeks left, but I tell myself I only have 8.
- If anyone has a heart they will pray for me that it will only be about 8 weeks.
- People want to see pregnant belly shots (this week their blurry, I know), but I know it's really because you all want to see how huge I am and then you discuss the fact amongst yourselves.
- Is it hotter everywhere, or is it just me? Oh yeah, it is me....
- I am so glad I don't live in the valley for these last 8 weeks!
- The area around my bellybutton is extremely sensitive, and this kid thinks it's funny to push really hard right there whenever I am out in public, which makes me want to cry sometimes when he does it hard enough.
- Speaking of belly buttons....mine has not popped like a turkey timer yet. Woot-woo!
- I've heard that when you are carrying a boy you carry low, that is not true for me.
- If so-and-so can give birth, I can too....right?
I can't believe that I am this far through! I thought that I thought about pregnancy and this baby a lot before, but it's nothing to how much I think about it now especially with all this time left on my hands. Exciting but really scary. It'll be nice to put all my worries and thoughts away in a few weeks.....even if they are just going to be exchanged with a whole bunch of new ones!