Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Embarassing Moment

One of my fears is that while being at the school with all the kids that I will slip and fall in front of a bunch of them. I can trip over just about anything so it really is a worry. Plus, I think it is way worse to trip and eat it in front of kids than it is adults. Especially kids at school. These are the people you are in constant contact with. They look up to you as a leader and someone older and wiser. Today I didn't trip, but I am sure that it was worse.
The seventh graders are getting all geared up for their annual balloon launch. They build hot air balloons out of tissue paper and than they are later launched. They get so many points for their grade depending on how well the balloon does. Part of the tradition is to watch this old movie called Night Crossing. It is based on a true story and the kids have to answer questions on it as another part of their grade.
While sitting their in between a break they had, we were getting ready to start the movie up again. All was quiet, and I was sitting in the back in this chair. One side of the chair has been broken all year. The arm wasn't attached at all. I have sat in this stupid chair all year with no problems, but just a little annoyed by the precarious chair. While leaning back in the chair the silence is completely broken by the snapping of the other arm on the chair followed by a loud crash! Because I had been leaning back the whole back of the chair fell off! On top of that, I was so far back in the chair that the rolling bottom on it slid out from underneath me and I fell completely on the floor!
Kids heads flip around and they are all staring so to try and save a little face I start laughing. Granted the situation was really funny, but not so much if you are the one falling. I couldn't believe my luck. Of all the times for that stupid thing to break, it had to in front of the ENTIRE 7th grade. Not just one small class. EVERYONE!!!!
I call Trevor to let him no that his wife is in fact a fat a$$. Yes, those were my words. He laughed and then told me not to break anymore chairs today. Believe me sir, if I could have helped it, I wouldn't have broken ONE in the first place! I went to take pictures of the evidence, but the picture above is all that's left of the aforesaid chair. Now I am left with a bruised ego, and slightly sore body.

5 comments:

Erin said...

TAYTUM! Are you ok? I'll be honest, that would be a little bit embarrassing. It reminds me of when I was a Sophomore in high school and really wanted to wear these cute heals to school. I was STANDING(didn't take a single step) and all of a sudden I collapsed in the hallway during lunch. Yes, lots of people saw me. Haha. Good thing we can laugh at ourselves. It would be a lot worse if we couldn't.

Heidi Joncas said...

As long as you can laugh at yourself then everythin is great!

Amy J said...

Oh man, I'm not going to lie, that sounds pretty embarrassing, but I'm sure YOU will remember this incident much longer than any of those kids!

Lindsey said...

POOR TAYTUM- That is embarrassing! I thought I would die laughing when I read it, mainly because I did a really similar thing today at work. I sat on a roller chair and it rolled away in the midst of my sitting! I am glad you have such a good sense of humor about it!

Matt and Liz said...

taytum
you've just been lovebird tagged
see my blog for more details.