Tuesday, December 04, 2007

New Floors

Our new floors are almost all the way installed. Trevor and I have been so excited about the change. He has done all the work. I definitely can't take credit for any of it. We just had plain linoleom floors. These have totally changed the way the house looks. The floors just make it seem so much warmer.


We have been checking out floors all over the place. We have practically stalked the floor installation aisles at Home Depot for months. Everything has been too expensive. We kept thinking that we would buy a little bit at a time, but then we were afraid that whatever we finally picked would stop being ordered after we bought like half of it. Finally, we found a flooring that we liked at Sam's club. It really wasn't too expensive and we knew it was going to be in stock for a while. When we were in the valley at one of the boys football games we bought half of what we needed. Then two weeks later when we were down again for another game we bought the other half.
As we got home from our first trip I told Trevor he wouldn't be able to wait for all of it. Sure enough, when I got home from work one day he had put in all the flooring through the dining room. We stayed like that with it half done for two weeks. Now that we have it all, Trevor has put it through the kitchen and down the hallway. He only has to put in a few final pieces that have to be cut down for the hallway.
Yay for new floors! The only sad thing was, we were at Home Depot on Saturday, and one of the floor choices that we had liked was on sale! We could have got that flooring for like 7 dollars a box cheaper!!!! Oh well. We love what we have! Thanks, handy man Trevor for putting in all the labor!

10 comments:

K. Bitton said...

I love your floors! Your house is very cute! I want to see it in real life!!!

K. Bitton said...

P.s. They were being built and now we are moving in next week! :) I can't wait! I will post pics when we get in! :)

Heidi Joncas said...

AHHH!!! I love it!! Now is is official I am so jealous!! How much did it cost you? I would love to do our house.

123123 said...

Taytum I love your floors! Your house looks so cute --- so... Taytum!
I'm sorry about your Pizza Hut experience! It's not just PH in Show Low --- it's ALL Pizza Huts, I think! Ours isn't that great --- and we don't even have ones where they are restaurants, only take home/delivery.

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Your Floors look so great. I love your walls. They arae so beautiful! You are so creative

Amy J said...

I am totally and completely envious of you right now! Your house is so stinkin' cute! And tell Trevor good job! They look really good! Aww... to own your own home...some day!

Oh P.S.! I don't think I have your cell number! Give it to me and I'll...or Dannon...will send out a text and maybe a picture after I have the baby! I'll try to keep updating though until she comes!

Anonymous said...

I love the floors and I love the colors in your house! you guys are so cute! good job Trevor!

Bailey said...

Very nice MIssy, Can't wait to see it. It might be a long while before we make it up to that HELL HOLE tho!

Erin said...

The floors look GREAT!! What a guy for doing that all by himself. I love wood floors. Ok, I ALSO love the wood on the bottom half of the walls, and I always forget what it's called! Remind me. And did you put that in by yourself too? I need help with home-improvement ideas because we found a house in Thatcher that we decided to buy!! I'll have to tell you all about it sometime.

Joey & Tiffanye said...

I wanted to do nursing, infact o still would love to. But my feet are just to messed up, and damaged. I can barley stand on my feet for an hour and a half with out them swelling up. : (