Monday, December 03, 2007

Pizza Hut Hissy-fit

After being a waitress for about a year I have come to either be the most understanding customer when things are going bad or the worst critic ever if you are a crappy waitress for seemingly no reason. That being said, let me tell you about our lunch at Pizza Hut on Saturday....

Pizza is by far one of my favorite foods. It's right up there with chips and salsa and bean and cheese burritos as a food I could eat nearly every day. Here-in the middle of nowhere-you can't really get pizza. There used to be Hot Stuff pizza, which wasn't that great, but it changed to Noble Roman's and has gone completely down hill to freak nasty if you ask me. Pizza Hut is such a treat to me. Plus, of all the pizza places (dominos, little caesars, etc)it's my favorite. But if any of you plan on eating at the Pizza Hut in Show Low, beware.....they suck.

Last time we ate there, the stupid people put on too much cheese and the pizza was all doughy...ewww...We got another one cooked that day and the pizza itself half off, but Trevor swore that even that one was still doughy. Another time, I ordered myself a personal pan pizza to go and the sauce tasted sour or something like it had gone bad. I know there was something else wrong another time we went, but I can't remember what. Saturday was the final staw for me.

We get there and order our pizza right away. I ask for extra sauce with the breadsticks. Our drinks come and the breadsticks, but no extra sauce. The waitress runs by later and we ask for sauce again and she says okay...it never comes. I'll deal with the loss fairly well and then when our pizza comes she drops it off and leaves. Trevor finally goes up and asks the manager at the front for the sauce we asked for three times. This is not the end. We look at our pizza and there is like no sauce on it and hardly any cheese! What the HELL! I am so ticked! All I want is a good pizza. We would have told our waitress, but she never comes and checks on us once! We were so hungry, we figured we would just deal. Then we both run out of drinks. I hate not having something to drink with my meal. She finally comes by to give us our ticket and two take-out boxes. Why two boxes with only like 3 pieces left? Who knows. Then the lady has the nerve to ask if we want refills. Why would we want refills when we are leaving? I am not at all happy. Trevor says he's going to talk to the manager.

We go to leave and the manager wasn't at the front so Trevor was going to let it go. Not me. I couldn't. I was mad. She comes out and I just tell her how it is. First I say don't you guys use scales to measure out your ingredients? She tells me that they do and so I said that they must not be because the last two times things were wrong. One time too much toppings another time not enough. Then I tell her, I have waitressed before so I understand when things are busy but this has happened more than once! Then no drinks no sauce. Not one good thing happened. Poor Trevor is standing there looking at the ceiling like, "um...maybe I'll go stand over here.." He told me later that I was kind of loud. I didn't think I was loud, but maybe I did raise my voice a little. Finally we got our meal for free, but that really wasn't the point. I kept saying I'm not trying to be rude, but I just think you shoud know. I think this shouldn't happen everytime we come. What are the odds of having everything screwed up everytime we come? Better luck next time? If I didn't love Pizza Hut so much, I would say I wouldn't ever go there again.

5 comments:

Amy J said...

First of all I HATE bad service at restaurants. Dannon is so bad about wanting to tip everytime, not me...if they don't earn it, they don't get it. Oh! And your baby story gives me hope! I keep wondering how big she is! I wouldn't call myself petite in size by any means, but I'm built petite... I don't know if I could handle have a 9 or 10 lb baby! That'd be wonderful if I had her like...tomorrow! As long as she was healthy! 24 more days...

Amy J said...

P.S. I really should say bad service anywhere..not just resturants...and Dannon is like Trevor... he gets all embarrassed because if I have a problem, I WILL let it be known!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

That stinks so bad. i would have done the same thing. Thats completely ridiculus that that happened so many times. And I agree, Noble Romans is nasty!

Heidi Joncas said...

Yep, that pizza hut has bad service. One time when my sister was to little to eat pizza, we got her a burro from taco bell and brought it with us instead. The waitress kicked us out for having it!. I still go there becasue I like the pizza though.

Bailey said...

I'm so glad you enjoy updating frequently these days, you could brighten my day everyday, even if I read your posts at 10:38 every night! Keep them coming Taytum, I'm loving it!