Monday, December 10, 2007

Good Ole SJ

I know that I live in a small town, but I never really think much about it until certain things happen. When one comment can spread like wildfire or when a school bus accidently runs into the dollar store is the biggest news. Even better news is when Corky's has 25 or more ice cream flavors-which by the way, they have holiday flavors like eggnog and I dream about it on a daily basis.

Today as I am driving to work low and behold there are three huge black cows making their way down the side of the road. Now in St. Johns that isn't anything out of the ordinary, but these were almost to Brides. I would expect to see those more out towards my house, but they were almost to the main road! I had to laugh as I pulled into the grocery store wondering where they came from. When I got back on the road less than ten minutes later the cows were gone! I thought that maybe the owners of the cows had shooed them off, but while looking I see that the cops had been called in on the scene.

I love this small town even if it is called a "hell hole" by some (cough, cough Bailey). Where else are you going to have your very own personal Barney 5 type of police squad???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you mean "Barney FIFE." :)

Bailey said...

Maybe not so much the town...the people! Not you tho, love ya!

Mary Anne said...

HEY! my husband served in the NY NY North mission...left in 2003 got back on 05. That would be cool if they knew each other! Wow it's been forever since I've seen you...it looks like you are doing pretty well...except for the whole pizza hut incident! Take care...and i'll add you to my list!