Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Today we woke up nice and early to start the day off. I woke up first and got dressed followed shortly by Trevor waking up and taking a shower. Because we got new floors this year we really didn't plan on a very big Christmas at our house. We had stockings filled with candy, and my favorite-chocolate orange!!! Plus, we each got new toothbrushes. Trevor got some razors, and I got Carrie Underwood's newest cd in my stocking as well. Then we opened a few gifts each. I mostly got Trevor little things to help fill his toolbox: a level, a razor knife, a staple gun, and a tire pressure thing. Really just a few things that I knew he could use, but hadn't asked for. He gave me a couple cd's and a little tiny boombox to play them on. I also can't ever go one Christmas without getting some form of Bonne Belle Lipsmackers. He did really well and got me this little bag with like 6 different kinds. I was VERY impressed.

By 7:30 we headed to my mom's house. We had a few gifts for Kade and Taylor and my mom, plus a few that I had wrapped for my mom to take. We opened gifts there and got a big surprise. Well, I had known about it. First of all, let me tell you about me and gift giving. I am great at picking out stuff for people, but I am terible at keeping it secret. I hint majorly, and I usually end up letting whoever is getting my gifts open one or more early. I am like a little kid about it. It slightly drives Trevor crazy. Anyway.....this was the ultimate gift and I didn't even hint about it. I have kept it secret forever. My mom wrapped this in like 4 boxes before Trevor got to it. Inside was a Phoenix Suns ticket!!!! We have been wanting to go to a game forever. Neither of us have ever been to a professional basketball game! He could not believe it. My mom had wrapped my ticket seperately, so at first he thought he was going to have to go by himself. It was so exciting to see his face. After the gifts we ate stuffed french toast. Yum!

Soon after breakfast we excused ourselves to Trevor's parents house. There was us, Trev's parents and two of his three brothers. Mike and Adam were there, but not Dustin and his family. They had waited for us before even opening one gift! We really thought they would have opened theirs and then opened whatever we brought when we came. Trevor and I both got desperately needed G's. Then Trev hit the motherload with clothes. He really needed them so it was great. I got quite a bit of money for clothes via gift cards. I am so glad about it too. I need pants so bad. I was going to get money for clothes from Trevor, but I was really down hearted about it because I don't want to spend a bunch of money on clothes that I will be growing out of fairly soon. Now I don't feel so guilty if I buy them on gift card money. We also got a pressure cooker that we have wanted for a while. We really felt like we got way more than we had even thought we would. We left later and went home so I could take a shower and actually get really ready for the day.

Once we were home I got ready, and Trevor turned on the double header of basketball games. Nothing says Christmas like basketball, right??? At least, in Trevor's world it does. I couldn't take that much b-ball so I took a good nap. Late in the afternoon we got one of the best things in all. We got to talk to my brother, Elder Spenser Chance Garner on the phone. It was so exciting. And so weird. He has been out for 7 months already and we've only communicated through emails and letters, so to hear his voice was crazy. We had major problems getting through though. My mom had bought a phone card because it is way cheaper to call Brazil with one of those than just calling directly there. Five different times we called and he would say hello and then the call would disconnect. We didn't know what to do. My mom tried calling the operator and the phone card hotline. Finally one time she called somebody when our phone rang and it was him. I answered and he was all stressed. He was spending someone else's money by calling us, but he needed to give us another number to reach him. He tried to tell me the number, but he was saying it in Portugese. He got frustrated and turned to someone and something like I can't! Finally, using the little Spanish I know I said the numbers to him in Spanish. He was like yes, yes! Then he said repeat it. So I did, and we finally had the right number! I hung up and my mom called him right back. It was so good to talk to him. He bore his testimony in Portugese to each of us individually. He also was so excited about me being pregnant. He knew from an email, but he told me about telling his companion. He kept calling it a "He" but I said no we want a girl. He said no it's going to be a boy. I think he is the only one that wants us to have a boy. (We'd really be happy with either, and it probably will be a boy, but I want us to have a girl.) We only got a half hour to talk and then my dad got to call him for a half hour as well. It was so fun to talk to him and I can't wait to do it again.



Finally, we went back to Trevor's parents house for dinner. It was a really yummy ham dinner. I am still so full. All in all, a really fun Christmas. The suns game on tonight is most likely the ending of our day, but oh well. It wouldn't be normal if we didn't have a day of some sort of basketball going on!



I hope all went well with everyone else's Christmas. Hopefully next year will be even better with our little one. We can't wait!



P.S. The picture of Spenser was the only one I had on my camera. I think I have used it before, but it was taken at Kade's eighth grade graduation a few days before Spenny left on his mission.

3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like it was a great day for you guys. I am jealous about the Suns game. That would be fun!!

Erin said...

I'm so glad that you got to talk to your brother! It's always exciting and a little bit wierd to talk to missionaries. We talked to Jace's brother too and it was so fun! Which suns game are you going to?

Jaime said...

YAY!! You'll have SOOO much fun!! And so glad to hear Spenser is doing well. He's a little hottie! :)