Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Turkey Hangover?

Being that neither Trevor or I have ever been drunk, we really don't know what a hangover is like except for what we've been told, but is it possible to have a hangover from Turkey....or just Thanksgiving itself? Or could it be from the overload of relatives?

Trevor had to work both the day before Thanksgiving and the day after, while I had a relaxing 5 day weekend. That being said....Trevor got up at like 3 in the morning on Friday. I know-way to early for the normal human being. Anyway, he usually can function just fine. If he gets at all tired he just pops a piece of gum in his mouth, rolls down a window, or turns up the music. This day though, nothing could do the trick. He could not keep his eyes open. Eventually he made it through the day, but he said it was rough. That's when he said it must have been a turkey hangover.

Thanksgiving day had a totally different affect on me. I hear that one of the cures for a hangover is to have another drink the morning you wake up from being drunk. Maybe that is what I was thinking. Anyone that knows me, knows that Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday. I don't really like turkey all that much. Stuffing is overrated, and pie is not that great. This year was another story. I didn't feel like I ate all that much at either of the Thanksgiving dinners we went to, but the next three days were a different story. I seriously ate all day Friday and Sunday and all night Saturday when we got home from the game. Monday I didn't know what to do with myself at work. I was going through food withdrawals!

Now I am stuck daydreaming about mashed potatoes and gravy, apple pie, cheeseball, hot rolls, and ham. When will the madness stop? Hopefully not 20 pounds later.....

12 comments:

Joey & Tiffanye said...

haha thats funny. I do the same thing when the holidays are over

Nicole said...

So funny! I totally know the feeling:)

Erin said...

I know the feeling. Every year after Thanksgiving for at least a week, I crave mashed potatoes at EVERY meal. I actually ate some tonight for dinner.

Amy J said...

Thanks for the laugh! We too were craving Thanksgiving goodies, but we didn't get any leftovers :( I've been craving a turkey roll sandwich...mmm!

Julie said...

Haha, you are such a crack up! I hope you get over that hang over soon! I seriously didn't eat as much as usual, but I also didn't love it as much this year for some reason. The food was so yum, but just not wanting more, which is not normal for me.

Amy J said...

Haha, thanks! I've been hoping too! Yesterday I had cramps/contractions for like 12 hours straight but they were SO irregular. I called the hospital and they said to wait to come in until they were 5 minutes apart or closer and regular. She said it sounded like the beginning stage of labor, but then again it could just be false labor. I kept hoping they'd turn into regular contractions, but no such luck. Dang false labor! Now Dannon's constantly calling and asking, are you in labor?!? Not yet... :(

Shepherds said...

Turkey hangover..LOL! I have to say that I do love turkey and I am counting down the days until Christmas because we have turkey again! :) YUM! Food, its fabulous! But be greatful you can eat as much as you want...Kyson is squooshing my tummy!!

Creative Corner said...

I know I love thankgiving because those are some good side dishes...but I didnt make any for my house and I went shopping to two stores today to try and find a turkey! Soon, I am getting one in Mesa and I will start the Thanksgiving feast at my home!

Bailey said...

You are TOO funny! Your posts make me laugh everytime. I think everyone feels your pain...

ms said...

I love Thanksgiving and I love pie. I do not love turkey hangovers.

Ben & Jessica said...

haha...you are too funny! You are a good storyteller...your posts always make me laugh

Joey & Tiffanye said...

You take pictures right? Do you take family picture?