Monday, November 19, 2007

No More Camping

The Christmas before we were married Trevor bought us a really pretty bed. We had gone and looked at furniture and it was one we both liked. The bed has always been pretty, but the actual manufacturing of it, wasn't very good. This bed has been a problem since almost day one. It really wasn't built solidly underneath. The side rails have cracked the headboard where they connect and Trevor has tried multiple times to fix it.

One day a little over a month ago Trevor sat on the bed or something and it broke. He was so mad and started to blame it on his fat ass (excuse the cussing). It was actually really funny. He was so mad! He put something to brace it and figured it was okay. Later on though we found out it wasn't. You see, we were both sitting on our side of the bed just talking when the whole end that we were on collapsed to the floor! It was not good. There was nothing we could do to fix it this time. Trevor took apart the headboard, side rails, and footboard and we moved our mattresses to the floor. This was not a great comfort to me, because I started to remember the snake that we had in our house in July and so I just imagined all sorts of stuff crawling on me in the night.

The next day Trevor called the store we got the bed from and luckily they said they would replace it for free! We were so happy. We seriously didn't know how we were going to afford a brand new bed, they are so expensive. We even were told that we could pick out something different if we wanted. I always like to change things up, so it was a temptation, but we ended up keeping what we had.

Unfortunately, we were stuck "camping" until we could make it over to Show Low. When at long last we were able to pick up our brand new bed, but as luck would have it, it was not so simple! We started loading up when they discovered that the footboard was defective, and they had no more in stock. It would be at least two more weeks before we got it. We took home what they had and they said (or so Trevor says) they would call when the footboard came in. They never called us! Finally after a month since the camping started we have a bed all put together! Yay. But if anyone asks how are bed broke Trevor just laughs and says we are still in the honeymoon stage. Boo....he is such a guy! Now you all know the real story.


P.S. We do have a nice bed, but check out our make-shift nightstands. Mine is a plastic bin with two drawers. haha. Maybe someday that will be changed. I also need to buy some pillows with blue in them to match my blue wall. Homes are seriously a constant work in progress. Just when we finish one thing I swear I find something else to fix!

9 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

I am glad you got your bed back. That really sucks that is broke. I would be pissed! You should see our bed room. I have not decorated it at all! Jer doesn't even have a night stand, and it is just a constant mess. You are way ahead of me in that department.

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Thats sucks that your bed broke! I would hate camping out! I would have the same fear of things crawling up on me! Yay for your new bed!

Amy J said...

Cute bedframe! And I love the sign over your bed! Glad you got that all taken care of...camping would get old!

Amy J said...

Thanks, that's good I don't bore you, I feel like I write about the same topic all the time! And I LOVE reading your blogs! They are always something new and different each time!

Bailey said...

I always liked the look of your bed. I'm glad you're not "camping" anymore. And I agree on the blue...that would look GREAT!

Erin said...

I believe Trevor's story. You little devils!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

So, I'm guessing not...but are you guys coming to Tucson for the St. John's game tomorrow? Jace's little bro wanted to watch it, so they are coming in the morning and we're all going to the game. Call me if you are!

Gina Lee said...

Hahaha I would have to agree with Erin...if that bed wasnt doing so much rocking maybe it wouldnt have broke on you two!! Naughty naughty! lol jk! That stinks that it wouldnt fix, but atleast the store made it right. It is definately a cute bed! If you are looking for blue and brown pillows to match the wall and your comforter I saw some REALLY cute striped ones at Target just yesterday (not that you have a target anywhere near you) But it actually made me think maybe I want to do my bedroom in blue and brown instead of black and lime green! But I am going to stick with the black for now. Anyways, thought you might find that of interest. Glad spiders and snakes wont eat you at night anymore! =)