Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Enrichment Project






Last Tuesday was enrichment night (or better known as homemaking to some) in our ward. I love when there are cute projects planned, but I always hate it at the same time. It kind of stresses me out. Silly, I know, but I really am not the creative type. People are always saying that I am, but really I'm not. I just don't know how to put things together, and I have to have serious help. Even after the help I am left with severe doubts about whatever I have just made.






This week we made these really cute signs. There were different choices of what your sign could say. I picked the one that said family, but I know one other choice was the word joy. A lady from our ward provided the boards and cut out the letters for really cheap. My sign cost me only 16 bucks! You did, however, have to go buy the paper or whatever you were using for your letters. Tons of toll paints were already there, but anything else you had to bring.







When I was in the valley at the volleyball games I made Trevor take a detour to Michael's. He really wasn't thrilled and you should have seen him leaning on the aisles with the most bored look on his face. I tried to pick out stuff that I thought would go in my house without being totally bold. I finally found some, but I wished that I had gone to a scrapbook store instead, because I think I would have been able to find single sheets of paper that were way cuter, but oh well.










At the bottom of the entry is the end result. You can't really see it all that great. I don't know if it is cuter in person, or uglier but you get the general idea. The letter 'a' has a little button type thing on it that says inspire, which I think is something a family really does for each other. On the letter 'l' there is cute polka dot ribbon and a pretty little button type thing. Of course, I don't have this have it up on my wall, because I am still doing what every perfectionist does and am trying to fix all the little things wrong with it like sanding edges and stuff. I already have a designated spot for it, but when I hold it up, I am a little worried it is too big for the space! I'll post pictures when it's hanging to get your opinions on whether I should move it or not.


10 comments:

Shepherds said...

Love the sign! How cute! You saw Amber! That must have been fun. I know I thought of you...but it was a boys thing..so I couldn't tag along plus I had word.

Heidi Joncas said...

I love it. It is just right. Not to over or under done.

PS~ your house is super cute. I wouldn't have changed anything. We have the same taste. You guys need to come up here. We can have a couples date.

Joey & Tiffanye said...

That sign is so cute! I love it! I need one of those! lol! how are you guys?

Matt and Liz said...

hey taytum
i love your sign it's so cute. by the way is that ok that we added you to our link?

Nicole said...

That is so cute! I love it!

Amy J said...

How cute! Thanks for the project idea... I need a bigger house! I'm running out of wall space!

K. Bitton said...

What a cute board!! I think I will make one! What a great idea!! I love your taste in decorations!

Michelle and Javier said...

hi taytum! you have no clue who i am...but i grew up in SJ...and knew the waites...

anyway, i love this sign! how do you get the paper on the wood? is it a type of glue or something? So cute!

Anonymous said...

that is so so cute! i've made some things lately, but I think that I may be copying that idea. it's adorable!

Michelle and Javier said...

thanks taytum for the instructions! you are so crafty! i love it :)