Thursday, November 08, 2007

Wanted by Many

Basketball practice has started for the highschool and Trevor helps coach the girls. I'm not going to lie. This does make me a little, not worried, but not very confident about myself. You see, Trevor isn't that much older than these girls, and not that I think he would do anything ever, but these girls are all young and cute and skinny. There are a few that seem a little bit flirty with him too, and we joke about it, but I still don't like it all that much. That being said, let me tell you about a story I heard the other day...
This lady, Lenora (some of you know who I am talking about), stopped me just this week to tell me about her niece. A few nights ago we ate at El Camino and as we were leaving Lenora and her daughter came in to pick up a to-go order. We talked for a few minutes and then left. I guess that her niece had been in the car and she saw me through the glass door. She asked, "who is that?" And everyone in the car answered Taytum Waite. Then she sees Trevor and asks who he is. They then tell her and she proceeds to say, "I don't like Mrs. Waite."


At this point in the story I get a little offended. I'm thinking why does this eighth grade girl not like me? I don't even really know her and it's not like I worked with her at school last year so I couldn't have offended her, could I? I really hate when people don't like me...especially when it's for no reason, or they don't know me.
Well, Lenora said they tried to ask her why and she just kept say she just didn't like me. When Lenora and her daughter get back in the car and start home they are still bugging her in hopes of getting it out of her why she doesn't like me. Finally it dawns on Lenora and she asks, "Do you not like Mrs. Waite because she married Trevor?" Everyone in the car was like ooohhhh! The niece got all embarassed and tried to deny it, but Lenora had hit the nail on the head. The niece was all quiet and then finally spoke up and said, "Well, you are all telling me that age doesn't matter!" And Lenora said that in this case it did!
Lenora just laughed and laughed as she told me this, but she told me not to say anything to the girl because she was SO embarassed and was saying that she wouldn't be able to face me! I see her nearly everyday, but I don't work with her at all. In fact, I rarely even notice her until now. Now I see her and I try to not just get a big smile on my face. I find this so funny. Trevor still has game...even if they are girls that would be so illegal to even think about.

7 comments:

Bailey said...

That is hilarious! I love it. You two look cute...all cold and cuddly.

Erin said...

That's a pretty good story. Don't you DARE feel like you have a drop of competition with those high school girls... but I do know how you feel. I share my husband with the hoochies at the U of A campus. Little whores. Haha, j.k.

Creative Corner said...

Hah I love the story and you are right he totally still has game!

Ben & Jessica said...

hahaha nice!

K. Bitton said...

What a funny experience! What a LUCKY girl you are! :)

Bailey said...

Yes, actually I think we are going to the Football game. We figure, why not? What else are we gonna do! Brody says Thanks! And we'll see ya this weekend.

Gina Lee said...

I can totally relate. But being married to total hotties what can we say?! haha. I wouldnt worry about anyone let alone a 12 year old. He asked you and thats all that matters. Obviously he thinks you are everything that you dont see in yourself. Thats the wonderful things about husbands. Give yourself a break. You are beautiful the way you are. =) I used to work with a lady that thought Kameron was "suck a hottie" and would openly flirt with him in front of me. She was always joking but it was pretty humerous. After all who wakes up in the morning with these handsom devils. Thats would be us. haha