Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkin Time!

This year I made Trevor carve pumpkins with me. I hate the yucky stuff you have to pull out, but that really doesn't ever stop me from wanting to carve a pumpkin each year. It is one of my favorite fall activities. I don't know if that is something that should fade as we get older, but it really hasn't for me. I really believe a lot of that has to do with my mom because she made each holiday so much fun, and so I get like a little kid around holidays. I love everything that comes with them, it's just that now I am the one putting in all the work. No more just sitting back and enjoying, but I am okay with that.

Although this year carving pumpkins wasn't as fun as always, due to the mumbling slash semi-growling husband that I was having him do it with a pattern and not on his own.....I think, no scratch that carving pumpkins will ALWAYS make me think of Trevor proposing to me. He carved will you marry me in a pumpkin two years ago on October 6th.

Like I said these weren't done freehand this year, but we didn't do any carving last year, and I have never been one to do anything remotely artistic freehand. My mom always bought us patterns, and that has worked out great. Trevor's pumpkin is the one with the spider on it. He complained about making one than hurry and finished long before I did. That is generally how we work though. (he finishes dinner and waits for slow methodical me) I can't wait to have kids to carve pumpkins with. I love driving by people houses that have like 5 different pumpkins out.

Happy Halloween everybody!

10 comments:

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Thats so cute how Trevor Proposed to you! I have never heard of that one. Well I tried to go to that website, and it said it wasn't a page. I dont know what is wrong, i tried several times! Thanks for your help

Erin said...

That's funny, because carving pumpkins always reminds me of him proposing to you too! Just the other night we had friends over and we were carving pumpkins and I was telling them about how Trevor proposed. I always thought that that was such a great idea!

Nicole said...

Those look great! I need to use a pattern 'cause mine always look retarded:)

123123 said...

LOL!
This year was Jarrod's first year ever carving pumpkins and I kinda figured out why that is. He kept complaining about the gutting them out part! But in the end they turned out awesome and we had fun!

Oh hey, off subject, do you ever see or hear from Janai?

123123 said...

Yeah I'm not sure about how she feels... she kept to herself a lot, always very quiet!
Do you know how I can get ahold of her??

Shepherds said...

Great Job!! Hopefully we get to carve ours tonight when we get home. We had our first birthing class last night and had no time.

Julie said...

Very cute! WE did ours too and it's already starting to rot.. stink! But it looks way cool, a witch.

Bailey said...

Looks good. We don't have artistic bones in our body...therefore Brody's pumpkin is in Black Permanent marker...hehe

Nicole Mineer said...

I am with ya on this! I love carving pumkins, this was the first year we did it. It was fun. Yours look awesome!

Shepherds said...

You have been TAGGED! Go and read my blog and see what I mean!