Monday, October 29, 2007

I Love Food Network

As many of you know, I am the pickiest eater ever! Which is really quite the opposite of what my title means. One of my favorite things to watch is the food network channel! I love the smell of food, and the way food looks but I don't like the way a lot of it tastes. One of the other things I like to do, is scour the internet for recipes. I usually won't try many of them because of the picky-ness, but I like to look anyway. There are only two things that I am willing to try almost always and that is any kind of bread, or any kind of sweets.

My mom has a great sugar cookie recipe, but for some reason I can never make the icing turn out very good, and I found this recipe last friday. Sunday I tried it out and it was SOOOO good (that is, if you like orange flavored stuff)! I highly recommend this recipe for your cookies, cupcakes, or cake. It's great. The only thing I did different was add a little more orange juice than it calls for.

Orange Cream-Cheese Frosting

Ingredients
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick), softened
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 teaspoon orange food coloring


Directions:
Make the frosting: Blend the cream cheese, butter, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla in a large bowl, using an electric mixer set at medium speed, until smooth. Add the sugar and continue to beat until light and creamy about 3 more minutes. Add the food coloring and gently stir until the color is uniform. Chill the frosting until ready to ice the cupcakes or cake.


Nutritional Information
1 serving: Calories 256; Carbohydrates 41g; Cholesterol 31mg; Fat 10g; Sodium 57mg

This is so, so, so good!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try that, I'm always looking for new recipes too!

123123 said...

Hey Tay! I'd love you to send along your recipe for beans! I'm always up for new recipes!
I love the Food Network too! Do you watch Unwrapped?? LOVE IT!
I wish we had cable...
Those cookies look gooood. Dang diet!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

That recipe looks yummy! I love the food network too! I always see recipes that look good, but when i make them, i dont like them! LOL! HEy, Where and how do you get those cute layouts for blog? I cant figure it out. Any help would be great! Thanks! Tiffanye

Joey & Tiffanye said...

That recipe looks yummy! I love the food network too! I always see recipes that look good, but when i make them, i dont like them! LOL! HEy, Where and how do you get those cute layouts for blog? I cant figure it out. Any help would be great! Thanks! Tiffanye

Erin said...

I want your mom's sugar cookie recipe! I love love sugar cookies and just bought some cute christmas cookie cutters today. Keep the recipes coming! I always like the ones I get from you.