Thursday, October 04, 2007

Coronado Island






One of my favorite places we went besides the beach on our vacation was Coronado Island. We didn't stop or do anything there, but it was a pretty cool place. To get to the Island you have to go across the Coronado bridge. It is a two mile bridge with a 200 foot clearance for even the biggest ships to go under. It is crazy.



Part of the reason that I liked this island so much, was because of how pretty it was! As we drove all over the place in San Diego we took in a lot of sites, and looked at a lot of homes. Although there was a lot of pretty things, we were amazed at how run down a lot of the places are. San Diego is beautiful...but not everywhere. It is a lot different than you expect if you have never been there.

The homes and yards of the people on Coronado Island were so different. They actually had a yard to start with. Everywhere you went we saw a lot of military too, because there are bases like right there. A lot of the yards had big bushes of hydrangeas that I loved!


The last and probably coolest thing there was the Hotel del Coronado. We saw this huge building, but didn't really know what it was. We figured it was a hotel, but it wasn't until we got home from our trip that I looked it up on the internet and found out about it. It is a hotel built over 115 years ago, and still standing. I took this picture while driving by but it just doesn't do it justice! It covers 33 acres of beach front property, has boutiques, restaurants, and an ice skating rink...not to mention a couple of haunted rooms! U.S. presidents, a King, Marilyn Monroe, and Thomas Edison are just a few of the famous people that have stayed here! It is so crazy. Next time we are in San Diego (if there is ever a next time) this hotel is definetly a place I would like to check out better. If you want to get a better picture of it check out their website: http://www.hoteldel.com/ . It is worth looking at, if you like history like I do!

7 comments:

Amy J said...

Holy freaking cow! That place is gorgeous, I looked up the room rates, it's like $400 bucks a night in October..that's a room with no view! Crazy! Nice place to look at though, right??

Jaime said...

That place is beautiful! I love San Diego too. We went there last August and had a really good time!

Julie said...

Wow Taytum, looks like you guys were quite the little adventurers and had lots of fun. Thats so awesome that you guys are doing such fun things together and daring enough to venture around.

Koi said...

Hey girl, no Kachelle doesn't have a blog, she has a my space page. Loser! Blogs are way better. She has one baby and is skinny as ever. Give her a call sometime (480)586-6654 I'm sure she would love to hear from you! Oh, and your trip looked beautiful and way fun! I never go anywhere, but St. Johns.

Nicole Mineer said...

I am so jealous, we were supposed to go on vacation there this summer and couldn't ever get Trevor away from work. You are right-that is Brittany in the picture--not me. Some people say we do look alike!

Shepherds said...

Aren't vacations fun? Kurtis and I went to Sea World too this year! The whole family went, the dolphins DRENCHED US! Way to much fun! Glad you had a great time. We stayed on Cornado Island awhile back...that bridge..SCARY!

123123 said...

Dying hair all by yourself? I accomplished that a few months ago myself and it is a great feeling. I used to dye my mom's hair in H.S. but never my own. CONGRATS!! That's so fun!

I think you would do really well as an organizer. Part of me wants to get into Interior decorating, part wants Cosmetology, part wants Culinary Arts... yeah yeah yeah...