Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sea World and Shamu

Of course no trip to Sea World would be complete without going to see Shamu, right? We went to as many shows as we could, but we made sure that Shamu and the dolphin show were a priority. It is so crazy to me that those big animals can jump so high out of the water!






Trevor hadn't ever been to Sea World so it was a new experience, but I still remember it from my last trip. It is so crazy because seeing it for the first time, and as a kid, your perspective is so different. Every show we went to when I was younger seemed so much longer. We did spend more time there the first time I went than this time, but I don't think there was as much stuff there now as there was then. There are more shows and rides and stuff that weren't there at all or in the process of being built. The biggest downer of the day was the heat. We could hardly stand it. It was worse this day than any other day that we were in California. Both Trevor and I got a little burnt. We didn't stay as long as we had planned due to the heat!
One of the coolest things about Sea World, for me at least, was this area where you could touch like star fish and other things. There were tons of little kids around the pool of water. Some of them were so scared to touch anything. I think that sea world would be way more fun to take little kids to than Disneyland. We heard more kids exclaiming out loud at all the different exhibits from being excited than anywhere else we went. It was so fun to see all the animals and things through their eyes! They were so cute!




If only it hadn't been so gosh dang hot we could have taken more time and seen more, but even though it was short I still loved it! Sea World is pretty cool, especially now with all that there is to do. BUT the one thing that Disneyland does have that's better, it's the food. Every stinkin' restaurant was gross.....(bring your own food if you go there).


6 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Ok, now I am jealous!!! it looks like you guys had a blast!

ms said...

Yes, I would have to agree that the food at sea world is disgusting. We were just there at the beginning of this month - the shows did seem a lot shorter than they were when i was a kid. But, regardless, it was so fun.

Ben & Jessica said...

Looks like fun! And okay I just have to say...that blue fish in your last pic looks like Dory from Finding Nemo! LOL And I have no idea why I thought of that...

123123 said...

Where did you eat? I love love love the Salmon with grilled veggies and fries from the Shipwreck Cafe. It is delicious! That's the only place I like to eat though...
It's funny because I don't normally like Salmon... but yum. The ribs are good there too!!
But I'm glad you had fun and thanks for the Happy Bday --- When is your bday? It's hard to make it special when I don't know about it!

Nicole said...

That's so fun! It makes you feel like a kid again:) Glad you had a good time!

bailey grant said...

that looks sooooo FUN!!!!