Monday, September 24, 2007

Sun, Sand, and Sea


It's been a while since I last posted, but it's because I was waiting to get pictures developed. Unfortunately I still haven't developed all the film that I have, but I figured I'll just post what I have thus far. The weekend of Labor Day Trevor decided that we needed a vacation. I was so excited because part of us not having kids right away was so that we could enjoy each other and go places and see things. Well, we haven't really gone anywhere or seen anything, so this was our chance. On a Wednesday afternoon we set off for California. Woot-woo!
We drove to Barstow California that night and the following morning we got up and went to Anaheim, and then on to San Diego. We spent the majority of our time in San Diego, and loved it all...minus the heat wave that they were in at the time.
The one and only requirement I had for our trip was some beach time. We didn't spend as much time as I wanted to there, but at least we got to go at all. We went to mission beach and spent a couple of hours there. It was Trevor's very first time to the beach, or at least first time that he can ever remember. I hadn't been since I was thirteen. Trevor just let the waves crash into him for ever! He kept trying to make me come farther and farther out, but it kinda freaked me out! I know I am a big chicken, but I am really not a good swimmer and I didn't want to take any risks. Of course, I finally did go out too far, and the waves had gotten pretty big, and this one just washed over me unexpectedly and I went under. I swear my life flashed before my eyes. Well, okay, maybe not really but it did scare me...and I paddled as hard as I could and then after that stayed way closer to the beach. Trevor stayed out in the water for way longer than me and I just watched him as I found sea shells.
Overall, I really think that going to the beach was my favorite thing. I just love it there. The sea is so big and overwhelming, but so amazing. I love the sounds, and as sick as this may sound I actually like the smell of the beach. People who live near a beach don't even have a clue as to how lucky they are. I love it!!! But I will say this...I do love Arizona. I don't think that I would trade living here, I just wouldn't mind getting some more California time!

6 comments:

Erin said...

YEA!! NEW POST!! I love the beach too. I HATE swimming in the ocean (because it freaks me out). I LOVE laying on the beach and listening to all of the sounds. Glad you had a fun vacation. Keep the updates coming!

Ben & Jessica said...

I agree! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach! But I would never want to live in Cali!

Heidi Joncas said...

How fun! I love the beach. We need a fun vacation like that.

Bailey said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I love that beach, that is where we stay too! When i read your story, I just imagined watching all this happening, and I'm sorry, but I had to laugh out loud! hehe

123123 said...

I cannot believe you came all the way over here and didn't call me! You know, living here isn't all that great. I went to the beach ONCE this whole summer! My brother lives 4 blocks from the beach... It's just so hard. I would much rather come here to visit than to live. It is beautiful here, and the weather is nice... but I miss the 4 seasons... the rain... even the snow sometimes.
But I'm glad you had fun!

K. Bitton said...

Finally! I have been waiting for so long! :) How fun for you guys. We love San Diego too. P.S. you can still travel when you have kids ;)