Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happiest Place on Earth

That's right.....Disneyland! We went to Disneyland on Thursday of our trip. It was great. We decided to splurge a little and get the park hopper so that we could visit both Disneyland and California Adventures. Trevor was four the last time he was at Disneyland, and so much has changed in the nine years since I have been! We randomly chose to go into Disneyland first. We were there as the gates opened, so we were lucky. Like every day that we ended up spending in California it was hot and muggy!
We picked out all of the big rides first: splash mountain, the mattahorn, space mountain, pirates of the carribean and so on. We tried to hit all those first because we were worried about the lines. Fortunately for us, the longest we ever waited was about 12 minutes! yay! I think that it was just complete luck that we went to Disneyland first, because after we had done all the big rides we decided to head over to California Adventures, and people were still pouring into Disneyland like crazy!At California Adventures there were basically no lines. We hardly ever had to wait at all. I think that Disneyland was way more crowded because people were coming with their little kids. (on a side note...who in their right minds would spend the money to take little kids to disneyland when they can't ride half the rides, and won't hardly remember being there?)

I didn't take very many pictures at all. We were just walking as quickly as we could from one place to another. These pictures were all taken at California adventures. Half of the background behind us is an illusion! It is painted on a building. It was so cool, because you couldn't tell until you got up close.

I will say this...it was lots of fun. Trevor loves rides! I get a little freaked out. But that's no big surprise coming from someone who never liked riding on the zipper at our little county fair! I was more terrified on that stupid huge ferris wheel that was slower than tar than anything else. The Tower of Terror was really fun. I think that was my favorite. Trevor loved the roller coasters and the one that shoots you up in the air really fast. (I nearly cried on that....I couldn't believe it was over so soon! Good thing too...)

I don't think anyone has ever gone through both parks as fast as we did. It was a little rushed, and I wish we would have taken more time, but we were concerned about getting to our hotel in San Diego. Traffic was nuts. On our way there we got to see the San Diego temple off the freeway and couldn't believe that it was just right there!

Overall, awesome day....great fun....and a little scary (for me at least......what a chicken)

2 comments:

K. Bitton said...

I wanted to delete it. I was just teasing you! :) I don't think it is anybody else's business why you wait or even how long you wait. It's a decision between 3 people and that's all that matters. I just like to tease. I am glad you guys had a fun weekend in Cali. We are going to Disney Land with my family for Christmas! YAY! I like Disney Land but I LOVE Disney World. Maybe one day we'll go. :)

Amy J said...

You are so lucky! Dannon has never been to Disneyland I wanted to go with him once before we had kids...but surprise! Too late... oh well...maybe in like 10 years...