Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's Slowing Down

Now that school is out things have definitely calmed down around here. At least, for me they have. Trevor is as busy as ever. Work is always busy for him during the summer months and so he is putting in long 11-14 hour days! I don't know how he does it, but I do appreciate all the hard work he does for us. He is a good husband. I wouldn't want to do his job!
With the end of school also comes my birthday. Normally it's not that exciting and I really dislike it, but I have to say that this year was one of the better bdays I have had in a while. I love looking nice and going out to eat, so I had lunch with Julie and Kaitlyn and then dinner with Trevor. Eating out twice in one day.....always good. My mom also did a lot of little things for me and just really went out of her way to make my day good. I love when she gets me anything because it's things that I have maybe mentioned I wanted or things that I would love. My favorite thing wasn't anything big, but I couldn't believe she even remembered I wanted it. The Stake had put together a recipe book and she got me one of those. Not anything huge, but it meant a lot to me that she pays attention to things that I like! What a good mom....


I did finally make in to the doctor! Yay. Of course it took like 5 minutes like I knew it would, but I actually saw the doctor instead of the nurse practitioner. Everything was perfect. My blood work came back good, so I was happy. The only thing was Dr. Connolly pushed all over my belly to feel where Brody was sitting, but he was pushing so hard! When we walked out even Trevor commented that the doctor could probably touch my spine with how far in he was pushing on my belly. Not so comfortable.

We got a rocking chair and matching ottoman a few weeks ago, and I love it. Sometimes I just go sit in Brody's room and take everything in. Originally the chair was like 200 bucks but we got it for 80! Talk about a great deal! We were so excited....well, maybe I was more excited then Trevor....
Another thing we just got on sale was a couple of end tables. I know that's not very exciting, but you see they matched out entertainment unit. I seriously think that a house is a constant work in progress. Whenever I think we have just finished a project, or things are the way we like them we find something else to get done or that we think we need. I'm always unsure of how I decorate anything especially when I see some of the cute things other people do, so I just try and do my best, but I really am excited about having matching furniture! There are still things that I want to do to finish off our little family room, but we just do what we can bit by bit. If anyone has any advice or decorating tips I am always open for new ideas!
I feel a little bored without having a job to go to, but it's been nice to be able to keep up on all the housework. I just do a little bit everyday instead of doing it all at once now that I have time! It's so nice!!! Other than keeping up with chores there isn't much else going on with me. I anxiously count down the weeks until Brody gets hear and keep my fingers crossed that it'll be a little less. Trevor is super busy with work, and he has a basketball camp he'll probably be going to with the basketball girls in a few weeks....but other than that we are glad (or mostly I am) that we have hit summer and things seem to be slowing down and relaxing!!!

3 comments:

Bailey said...

i will keep everyone posted on any announcements. i've been getting a lot of pressure lately about it. we're working on it people, we are! house looks cute. we need some belly shots.

K. Bitton said...

Good to hear! I love how clean and neat your house is! I feel like we are already bursting from this townhouse...we have only been here 7 months! AHHH! I am constantly trying to clean out and get rid of stuff...sigh:) It's nice when things are calm and relaxing, one day things will slow down for us too:)

123123 said...

Where in the world did you find that awesome rocking chair for only $80?? I have been looking everywhere and everything is like almost $300!!