Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This Week

It never ceases to amaze me that people say the things that they do. Especially to a highly sensitive pregnant woman!!! Trevor tells me to let it go, but that is a lot easier to say when you aren't the one increasing in size daily and getting more stretch marks. This week has seemed like I have had more comments than ever (both good and bad)!

Sunday - Two ladies in my ward, who I think so highly of and really look up to, see me and were so polite and nice. They asked me how I was feeling and commented that I "finally are really starting to show" and then said that they betted that I was hitting the uncomfortable stage. I told them that yes I really have hit that stage. I wasn't offended by the conversation whatsoever, but kinda felt good because I took it like I haven't been SO huge thus far.

Monday - While running errands with Trevor we ran into a lady that has a daughter I graduated with. She asked what we were doing and then said, "Well, you look really good."

Tuesday - At the post office this lady I know informs me, "You are BIG." Hmm...just what I want to hear. But don't you worry I got this appalled look on my face and said, "No, I'm not." I think that threw her off and she realized maybe that wasn't the appropriate thing to say. I lied and then told her I had only gained ten pounds, but I really don't know I just know my doctor has said I haven't gained much. Then I also told her that all the weight I have gained is in my belly no where else.

Wednesday(today) - wondering if the Witness Protection Program would ever considered putting a pregnant woman into hiding.

9 comments:

Erin said...

People are so freakin crazy! I don't know where they get the nerve. But good for you for letting her know that you disagreed. When I was about 6 months pregnant a lady INSISTED that I was having twins and would not believe that I was only having one. I didn't think I looked big at all! People are just really dumb sometimes. Personally, I think you look GREAT! And I still can't freakin believe that you're wearing your own jeans.

kimber said...

You're adorable and people are stupid.
When I was pregnant the first time someone had the nerve to say to me "Yo Kim! Are you having triplets or something?? How do you keep from peeing your pants?"
You're adorable. Tell 'em where to go.

123123 said...

Well I think you look great. I think you're looking into what people say too much.... but hey, that comes with the territory of being pregnant.
As for my cocktail sauce concoction and your stomach doing somersaults: That's just Brody doing somersaults. There's really nothing gross about it. At least I haven't wanted oreos covered in mustard like a girl Jare works with!! Have you not had any cravings?

Jaime said...

Ok well I was afraid maybe I was one that said something to you, but then you mentioned "highly thought of them" so I knew I was off the hook. lol Hey is anyone throwing you a shower? I'd be happy to!

Bailey said...

I feel your pain woman, I do! As for your comment on my blog...we were at the D-Backs game last night and a foreigner walked up to Chris and I and said "I would beat my life that the hospital did NOT exchange YOUR baby around, wow, who's the mom?" as she was looking around trying to play a joke...so yes, they look A LOT a like...thats why they're both handsome ones!!

Amy J said...

Way to go telling her that you aren't big! I wish I had the guts to defend myself when other people say stupid stuff. I hate to be a downer, but it just might get worse once you have him. People will make stupid comments about HIS size when they don't know what they are talking about! And I don't mean just oh they are so small, someone actually told me Payton was small for HER AGE, when she is in the 90% percentile. I need to be more like you and speak up! And ditto to Erin, I think you look great, and hate you for that fact that you can still wear you old jeans!

Haymore Family said...

you are so funny! i used to tell people that i wasn't pregnant when they made stupid comments like that! i think you look cute too! you need more update belly shots! haha not those kind of belly shots but pictures! i guess you could do the others too whatever you would prefer!

*** said...

Hey Taytum I remember having those same feelings when I was pregnant, its so funny how people can be so blunt sometimes. You look really cute pregnant so dont worry about it! I miss getting together and playing bunko, you were always the life of the party! You have such a fun personality. I hope you and Trevor are doing good, tell him I said hello. take care

The Lovell's said...

Have I ever told you that I love reading your blog...it cracks me up everytime...you are the funniest writer...You look great by the way!