Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Day at the Doctor

Another week is almost over. It just means one more week closer to the stressful 24th of July and one week closer to the arrival of Brody Jay. I can't believe that June is almost over! It has seriously flown by. This week was Mesa State Basketball camp for the highschool girls, so that meant Trevor leaving. In the entire time we have been married we have never been apart for more than one night and he has been gone for 5 days and 4 nights. I'll be so glad when he gets home tonight. I have been such a lazy bum. I scrubbed our bathroom and cleaned our room and the family room, but it wore me out and I haven't done anything since. I didn't even bother to get dressed until 3 one day....talk about pathetic.
This week I also had another dr. appointment. Now that I go more often it seems like I barely get back from one appointment and have to turn around and go to another one. My mom went with me this time. It's the only time anyone has gone besides Trevor. I think she enjoyed getting to hear her grandsons little heartbeat.

I was concerned at this appointment because it seems that in the last two weeks my belly has changed dramatically. I feel like I have become a balloon and I could take off for flight at any moment if I wasn't so heavy. Trevor has even noticed the difference. It is crazy. I'm just worried that this baby is going to come out way too big, and with how much it seemed I had gotten bigger I became really worried.
I expressed my concern to the doctor and he told me that I had gained 2 pounds in the last two weeks, but not to worry because that only brought me up to a grand total of 11 pounds so far. He said that I need to keep doing whatever it is I am doing, because everything looks great and couldn't be going better. He was more worried about swelling in my feet and legs being that it is getting hot and that tends to be a problem many pregnant women have, but he checked me and I was just fine. He just said to stay hydrated and I would be okay.

The only downer of the day was when he told me that the new hospital maternity wing that was supposed to be ready by the time I had Brody, is not even close to being done. Looks like I'll be crammed in the rooms they already use.

12 comments:

Erin said...

Wow. 11 pounds. That's depressing to hear that. Add another 40 and you're me when I was pregnant! You lucky lucky girl. Sorry I didn't call you back the other day. Ellie hasn't been sleeping very much and it's been driving me nuts!

Ashley said...

You look so good! By the time I was that far along with Cooper I looked like I was ready to pop! I hear you about the swelling feet . . . mine could have had their own zip code! :)

Matt and Liz said...

you look really good! i gained 54 pounds w/ travis, 30 pounds w/ trinity and 0 so far with this one. and they weighed 8 lbs 9 ozs and 8 lbs 10 ozs. it was a lot easier for me to lose the weight the second time around and i hope that i can lose it just as fast as i did with trinity this time. in 10 days i had lost all my pregnancy weight and looked back to normal.

123123 said...

I think you look fabulous! As long as your Doc says you're doing OK -- I wouldn't worry! You just probably had some catching up to do!

Anonymous said...

wow, I have definetly gained more than eleven lbs...are you eating? j/k, way to go!

Jon and Rach said...

hey! You look cute and I totally told you the last two months is when you get huge (at least for some people) For me it was that way! Any way maybe I will see you around town one day! lol

Jaime said...

That's fantastic-11 pounds! I think I mastered that in 1 month.

Koi said...

Only 11 lbs! My friends like that. She only gained 10 with her last one, she gains it afterwards when she starts breastfeeding and then drops it all as soon as she's done. I think you look awesome, don't listen to all the rude things people say. Yikes, I hope I didn't say something rude now!

Unknown said...

You look so cute! I gained 42 lbs with Edmund and I have already passed 10 with this one and I'm at 15 weeks. I hope you have a great experience with your delivery.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

You look so great! 11 pounds! I gained 40 with my first. Usually the last two months are when I would balloon out, but you look amazing!
Oh - this is Amber - Celeste sister!
Good luck!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

11 pounds, I envy you. I wish I had only gained that much. You look great!

Shepherds said...

You have 6 weeks left? YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! Jealous!