Sunday, June 08, 2008

Thoughts at 30 Weeks

Things that seem to be on my mind lately:
  • I'm getting bigger every day, but I still haven't hit the completely uncomfortable stage yet.
  • Getting out of bed/off the couch/out of the car/up off the floor takes longer and more effort than it ever used to.
  • Sometimes I can't breathe and I'll stand up and take deep breaths in and out just so I don't feel like I'm suffocating.
  • This little human being does in fact have to come out of me.....more than a little terrifying if you ask me.
  • I am 3/4ths of the way finished with being pregnant.

  • For the first time I am really starting to wonder what this kid is going to look like. I've thought about it before, but now I wonder about the details like will he have brown eyes like me or blue/green eyes like Trevor and all his brothers do.
  • There's this old wives tale that says if you have heartburn your kid is going to have hair...none of my mom's kids had hair, but Trevor and his siblings all did.....BUT considering how much heartburn I have endured this baby better come out needing a dang haircut.
  • Some people are lucky enough to not have stretch marks...I'm not one of them...AND it gets worse everyday. Pregnancy is not the time to be vain, but seriously this is one thing that has made me more than a little sad.
  • I keep hearing that you should have really good skin when you are pregnant, but mine sucks more than ever.
  • Will I be a good mom?
  • Our lives are about to be forever altered. I hear it's a good change, but I still can't imagine how different it's going to be.
  • My maternity shirts are getting a little smaller (well, I'm getting bigger, but it sounds better the other way), but I am still able to wear my own jeans.
  • I really have 10 weeks left, but I tell myself I only have 8.
  • If anyone has a heart they will pray for me that it will only be about 8 weeks.
  • People want to see pregnant belly shots (this week their blurry, I know), but I know it's really because you all want to see how huge I am and then you discuss the fact amongst yourselves.
  • Is it hotter everywhere, or is it just me? Oh yeah, it is me....
  • I am so glad I don't live in the valley for these last 8 weeks!
  • The area around my bellybutton is extremely sensitive, and this kid thinks it's funny to push really hard right there whenever I am out in public, which makes me want to cry sometimes when he does it hard enough.
  • Speaking of belly buttons....mine has not popped like a turkey timer yet. Woot-woo!
  • I've heard that when you are carrying a boy you carry low, that is not true for me.
  • If so-and-so can give birth, I can too....right?

I can't believe that I am this far through! I thought that I thought about pregnancy and this baby a lot before, but it's nothing to how much I think about it now especially with all this time left on my hands. Exciting but really scary. It'll be nice to put all my worries and thoughts away in a few weeks.....even if they are just going to be exchanged with a whole bunch of new ones!

9 comments:

Amy J said...

Hmmm...I hate you. JUST KIDDING! You look so cute! Time has flown by I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! He will be here before you know it!

Monica said...

You can still wear your own jeans? I second the motion of hating you. 10 weeks left and YOU CAN wear your OWN JEANS!!! That's awesome! Don't mind me sulking I'm just overwhelmingly extremely jealous... jealous jealous JEALOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

hey! almost every one of those things that you listed I think about too! and I keep telling myself that he's going to come two weeks early...hope and pray!

Heidi Joncas said...

Being pregnant really suits you. I can see you glowing through the picture. That said, I hate you for still being able to wear your own jeans.

Erin said...

I hate you too. Haha. J.k. I just wanted to be like everyone else. But seriously, your OWN JEANS?!! You better feel good about yourself. I'm sure it'll be MONTHS before I can squeeze into mine. You have like no time left at all! These last 8 weeks (hopefully) will go by so fast, you won't believe it. YEA FOR YOU!!

123123 said...

Yeah I'm with everyone else. How in the heck can you still wear your own jeans and only have 10 weeks left? I had to give up my jeans WEEKS ago!! It's not that I've gained a ton of weight... it just hurts to have anything put pressure on my belly.
You look fabulous though!! And I will be praying that you only have 8 weeks left...

As for the rocking chair -- thanks for the advice! I wish I would have seen your blog before Saturday. I found a lady selling the exact chair I wanted from babiesrus on craigslist. I fell and ended up buying the dang thing, saving myself $70. The more I think about it, she's probably had it for about 3 years... and probably made some dang nice change off it. But oh well... you live and learn. Your chair is adorable though!

Bailey said...

I definitely have a heart...but I went full-term so WHY would I pray for you to get to go early...I WOULDN'T! You do look great tho. I'll be in town the 14th, we need to get lunch or something.

The Lovell's said...

So, I don't think the heartburn thing is true...I didn't once have heartburn and the only hair that Brindi has is in the back...she looks like a balding old man...

Mary Anne said...

I can't believe you can still wear you own jeans...that kinda makes me want to vomit. Okay not really...it was just for effect. But seriously, you can still wear your own jeans?!?!? I'm pretty sure I ditched mine a long time ago. And I have stretch marks already too. I was complaining about them the other day, but Dusty is so so sweet about it. It kinda makes it better, but not really. But seriously Taytum...maybe I need to post a picture of myself to make you feel better. You look great. You really and truly do. Thanks for the update, that was fun to read!