Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stupid Doctors

I was supposed to have an appointment yesterday and they called 20 minutes before to say that the doctor had an emergency surgery that barely started like the hour before so they needed to reschedule. Obviously things come up, but I have to drive 45 minutes to the doctor's office. Missing is no big deal for someone who lives right there, but with the cost of gas and the fact that Trevor had taken off work to be there was just really irritating. To top it off, almost every appointment I have been to they have sent in the nurse practiotioner instead of the doctor so why couldn't she just see me? They said that when he is gone she is gone. Bullcrap. Besides all that, all they ever do is weigh me, check my blood pressure, and listen to the heartbeat. A nurse can handle all that. I was already there couldn't they have just done all the routine stuff? It's not like they were checking my woman area!!!

I hate the doctors office.

The only bright side is I did go get my blood drawn at another office, and by the time I have my new appointment they should have those test results back to see if I have gestational diabetes, so I won't have to wait until the next appointment, but still.....

I hate the doctors office.

8 comments:

Mary Anne said...

eww...that's just annoying. Seriously it's not like they usually do a whole lot of crazy stuff when you go it. how did that glucose test go for you? it wasn't too horrible like I thought it was going to be, but my drink was extra carbonated and I don't really drink soda so it was a little hard to chug it first thing in the morning without having had anything else to eat. When I burped it was hard to keep it under control. That's pretty gross...

Amy J said...

That's lame! Did you let them have it? I would have!

Kachelle said...

i totally agree with u! you should have made them sorry for messing with a pregnant woman. that's my fav thing to do lately.

Mary Anne said...

hmmm I honestly have no idea why they already did it. I hope it's okay...I mean I don't know what I'm doing in there! I just show up! I didn't even hear anything about it until my 24 week appointment and the nurse gave me the stuff and told me to take it in the next coupe of weeks. I think I was at about 26 when I actually got around to doing it. Oh well!

*** said...

of course I dont mind if you comment on my blog, I'll add you to my list of friends. I hated the doctors office too, Tindall was soooo busy! Well I hope you're feeling good, by the way you nursary is cute. take care

Amy J said...

Oh Taytum, I thought of you tonight! We went to Sonic which made me think of when we went to sonic to celebrate the night I got engaged. I miss you!

123123 said...

You know I did check out that Chinese calendar and it says boy for me. Since then I've felt really strongly that it is a boy. But the past couple of days my minds been mush about it. I just want to know!

Erin said...

That cracks me up that you call it your woman area. I hated going to those appointments too. My OB was ALWAYS running at least 1-2 hours late. And then she would only see me for 5 minutes! Lame.