Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not a Turkey

One thing about pregnancy that has always grossed me out is when you can see a pregnant woman's belly button sticking out. Talk about nasty. I have always vowed that I will never let my belly button show if it sticks out like that. I will invest in as many band-aids as I need to. If it takes two or three just to push it down I will do it.

I haven't ever really been too concerned about my belly button popping out until recently. You see, I am not one that really thinks I have a nice belly button or anything, but I have an abnormally deep belly button. While in the shower one night I noticed my deep well has become a little bit shallow. It's more like the kiddie pool instead of the diving zone! Talk about an alarm going off in my head! It might just happen....my belly button may pop like a turkey timer. Not cute....Not cute at all.

However I have found a solution that may be even better than any elmo band-aids. They are called Miss Oops Popper stoppers. They work like a band-aid on a pregnant woman's turkey timer without irritating her skin. Can you say awesome? I love people who think of stuff like this.

There are several websites that sell the popper stoppers (kinda catchy isn't it?), but the cheapest ones I found were at this website:http://www.bloommaternity.net/mioopost.html they are $12.50 for 5. It may be a little more pricey than the band-aids, but if my belly button pops I am definetly giving these babies a shot. If anyone has tried them or does before I do, let me know how they are.




8 comments:

K. Bitton said...

hahaha you are so funny! My belly button never stuck out but I have a friend whose stuck out at 6 months! I think those are a great idea if yours does stick out. I really really like the blog makeover! I know how annoying it is to have heartburn all the time, I am sorry!! Tums never did anything for me either but at least the pepcid ac helped...maybe you'll just have to eat a big brownie every night;) I love hearing from you-I hope I didn't sound preachy or annoying... hang in there! Only about 16 weeks left!! YAY!

Amy J said...

You crack me up! Maybe I am a freak but I kept looking forward to my little belly button to pop out, I think it's cute! But sadly it never did. It just got flat. And thank you for the encouraging words! I'm trying not to flip out!

The Graham Crackers said...

Yeah! you're having a boy! I'm so happy for you guys. boys are so much fun! I like the name Brody too. Very cute! :) Congrats!

kimber said...

I love your new blog set up - way cute. And that picture on your header is gorgeous!

Monica said...

Taytum darling... I posted a comment on here about your fabulous baby gear! Please refer to your April 23rd post!! You will find a very insightful comment left by yours truly. lol! So, can we be friends again? I love your blog! And it's so fun to comment about how cool it is.

Julie said...

YOu so crack me up. You and your little pregnancy quirks are hilarious! Mine never popped or even came close to and I wouldnt say mine is a deep one. So it may never happen, but if it does I am sure those will be great. You dork! Cute blog by the way :)!

Anonymous said...

taytum you're hilarious! I too have an abnormally, extra deep belly button and I've been slowing watching it get shallower...it's kinda cool because I've never really seen the inside..butI hope mine doesn't pop either! oh..and so sorry about the constant heartburn! i only experienced that one night a while ago..and that was enough for me! you're tough!

Kachelle said...

i'm lmao about your pregnancy poast cus it's all totally true! anyone who says they like being pregnant is lying!!!!!!!!! and don't worry about labor. it's really not bad if you get an epidural. that's what i tell everyone, don't waste your $$ on birthing classes just get the epi!!!!