Friday, May 16, 2008

13 Weeks to Go

Things just seem to get crazier and busier as the days go by! Maybe it's just because it's May. May always flies by. Obvisiously one big thing was Mother's Day. We are fortunate enough to live by both our mom's so it was nice to spend time with them. I woke up on Mother's Day singing "happy mother's day to me, happy mother's day to me, I'm not really a mom yet....but in August I will be!" Trevor was like, "Why aren't you a mom yet? Do you feed Brody? Do you shelter him? Well, then you are a mom." Hmmm....I hadn't thought of it that way, but he's right! Trevor bought me a new fan/light for our family room. I hated the nasty gold one that was in there so as a mother's day gift he bought me a new one and installed it! What a good man!
Another highlight from Mother's Day was getting to talk to my brother, Spenser, that is serving a mission in Brazil. We really don't get a lot of time to talk to him, because his time is split with our dad, so we pass around the phone and all talk quickly to him for a couple minutes. His voice sounded like it had a little bit of an accent, but other than that the same. He mostly just seems so humbled by the spirit. We already have known that, but talking to him made it even more apparent. He loves his mission. He has been gone a whole year by the end of this month. I don't know if he's going to want to come home. He is so excited about becoming an uncle, but he told me that he's sad that he won't see Brody Jay until he's about 10 months old. It would be so weird to leave on a mission and come back to a different family like he's going to. Kade and Taylor will be so much bigger by then and I'll have a kid! It's crazy.
The school year is finally almost over! I only have 5 work days left....yessss! It is definetly time to be over with, but I'm still a little sad about not coming back next year. I'm sure being a mom will fill in any void I may be feeling, but it will be so weird to not be starting back to school next year!
Brody gets bigger every day. I can feel myself stretching more and more. I thought it was funny when he kicked at the heart monitor at our last appointment, so I thought I would try it out at home. Sure enough every single time I put the remote or my phone on my belly he goes NUTS! Trevor could not believe how much my belly was moving. It seriously looks like the waves in the ocean. I swear that it's not just kicks I feel anymore, it's like I can feel him completely stretching out. I can feel whole body parts not just the swift kick or punch, it's like his whole arm or legs pushing and stretching. Trevor says that the baby might hate me because I won't ever leave him alone, but I don't think he will remember so it doesn't matter. He is going to be such a busy body, that doesn't want to be messed with. I really don't know how much peace there will be with him around. It's amazing the personality that they already have when they haven't even seen the light of day yet!

11 comments:

Monica said...

That's awesome that you got to talk to Spencer on Mother's Day, and that he is loving it! It will be so fun when he gets home and can't even speak English. It cracks me up when they do that. But it's actually really neat because all that means is they immersed themselves in the culture and loved the people they served.

And... Isn't it fun to feel and then see the baby move. Sometimes it can be really uncomfortable having a foot in your ribs, but it is so amazing to feel them.

Nikki Owens said...

Hey Taytum...I was actually thinking about you on mothers day and thinking that this is your first one :) i cant believe that in a few months you will have the cutest baby ever, also I think the best well dressed baby too! I hope that things are going well for you guys and I think thats awesome that Spenser is doing well on his mission. He will be home before you know it.

Mary Anne said...

I can't believe it's coming so fast...I love love love feeling the baby move more and more. Isn't it crazy to see your stomach move like that? I can only imagine how much more it is for you being further along...everytime I touch my stomach Dusty is like "is she moving??" and he wants to feel. I love how much more exciting it is for him now that he can be in on all the excitment.

Jaime said...

How exciting! Sounds like he is doing great...he's such a hottie!

Heidi Joncas said...

I know your pregnancy isn't going by fast for you but it is for me!! I can't believe it.

K. Bitton said...

I love to see your pictures! It's SO true about the personality before they are born...I can't wait to be where you are so I can get to know this little one too:) I can't believe Spenser has already been gone a year! It seems like I was just reading about him getting his call...I bet it hasn't gone by that fast for you though..maybe? Hope you have a good day! Love ya!

Amy J said...

You look so good for only having 13 weeks left! Time flies by once they're here...but the last weeks are a drag!

Lisa said...

You are FUNNY!! and to answer to your comment. No. I wish though. How are you feeling? You look great!!

Jon and Rach said...

Hey i knew you looked cute! I love being pregnant! Well...most the time any way! And I love Spencer!!! I am so glad you put a picture of him on!

Anonymous said...

you're looking so cute! isn't it so fun to feel him move, i love it too! your hair is SO long and pretty!

Nicole Mineer said...

I love Brody's room! I love the paint job! I can't believe you only have 13 weeks left, it will fly!