Wednesday, May 07, 2008

THE Room

I know that we have a long time still until this little boy gets here, but his room is mostly done. This particular room was painted last year during my spring break. The pictures don't show it very well, but the top half is tan and the bottom half is a chocolate brown color. I chose these a long time ago because I figured that whether we had a boy or a girl I could decorate with lots of blue or lots of pink.
I picked out this baby bedding and stalked the internet watching the shipping progress until it came in. I was very particular of the actual shade of blue, because I had the room in mind. Anything too dark wouldn't have looked good. I searched everywhere, and found this pattern with the turtles. I loved it right away. The second I showed it to Trevor he was like, "Okay, Cliff!" You see my cousin Cliff loves turtles and has always raised them since he was little so Trevor had to give me a hard time about picking the turtle pattern out. Trevor swears he remembers going over to Cliff's house when they were little and Cliff wanting to show he and the others with them his turtles. Of course, all Trevor was thinking was, "Umm...can't we just play basketball or something?" Seriously one track mind.....
On the wall above the bed we put our little guy's name, but on the other wall I have big plans. I took some plain white frames and covered the matting that goes inside with cute blue papers. I plan on taking pictures of Brody Jay and his hand, feet, etc. once he gets here, and then blowing them to 8x10 size black and white OR sepia toned pictures. I think they should turn out pretty cool. But I also want to write in white vinyl letters (Jaymi, I need to get in touch with you about that.....) Lead Me, Guide me, (above the pictures) Walk beside Me (below pictures). I can't wait to get it all done!I keep thinking of other things I might add, but for now that's what we have started. I really am so excited about having this BOY. I thought I wanted a girl, but I really can't tell you how thrilled I am about this little guy coming. Hopefully the doctors got it right.....I don't think there was much doubt, but at this point I don't know what I would do if they got it wrong.

11 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE IT!! You're so good getting it done so early. I hope I get Ellie's room done before she graduates from high school. Keep posting pictures. I get so many good ideas from you!

K. Bitton said...

What a cute idea with the pictures and the vinyl lettering!! I might steal it...=) I just ordered boy bedding today...we'll see how much I like it. Where did you get yours? I love what you have done with the room! You and my friend amy put me to shame! ;)

Julie said...

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it. You are doing a great job.. not too long left! Summer will fly by and he'll be here!

Tyler and Naomi said...

Looks cute! Did you hear about Kirstin Humphreys. That is so funny she ended up having a girl. lol who would have thought they could guess that wrong.

Mary Anne said...

Holy moly this looks so amazing! look at you all...well all cute and crafty! I just realized that I am so NOT on the ball of getting things ready for this child...the poor girl. Your ideas are so so awesome. What a lucky boy Brody is!

Anonymous said...

so cute Taytum! I'm so jealous...we're going to be moving at the beginning of august, so I can't do anything with setting baby stuff up until them...makes me sad! but maybe this is good...I can steal ideas from others (you)! just kidding, but it does look awesome!

Margo said...

Hi Taytum, I don't know if you remember me from EA at all but I found your blog on Erin's and I just wanted to say hi. Congrats on the baby. Brody is a cute name. I hope you are doing great!

Jaime said...

You are such a planner! Well now that I think about it, I had Kason's room done rather early too. It's so FUN! And I'm loving the colors in his room. I'm needing the paint color for the tan for my house. You'll have to share it! I bought one and painted my house and it's not tan it's a green tan and I want a tan!

Michelle and Javier said...

Hi Taytum,
I love the room you have designed it looks so great :)

Spencer and Marlee said...

SO CUTE!! I love It! I love the lead me guide me walk beside me thing! I may have to copy you someday. (whenever I have a baby) It looks so cute! I can't wait for you to have it either!

Shepherds said...

I love the room! It is coming along great! Hey...we need a new BELLY PIC!!!