Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Other Big Baby Buys

On top of getting our crib, we did get a stroller, carseat, and a playard. I never had any intentions of it all matching because I really don't care all that much, but that's how it worked out.

We decided to opt for a travel system. Why buy a car seat and stroller seperate, when you can buy the combo for cheaper, and then your infant can ride in the carseat? We had looked online quite a bit, but nothing was ever really picked out. We went to the Baby Depot, Walmart, Target, and Babies R Us in search of one we both liked. I also really kinda was hoping for a Graco brand travel system. It's not that I am into all name brand stuff, but I have just heard that Graco is the best. I think that when it comes to the car seat that you buy it's kind of important to have one that is good.
Another factor in what we picked was that it not be to girly or to boyish. Sure, it would be great to buy a new car seat/stroller/playard with every kid, but that just seems a bit wasteful. If I knew that I would be coming into money in the next couple years I might be a little more apt to burn through it quicker, but since I don't have any rich relatives that are going to die and leave me money, we figured we needed to get stuff that could last through more than one kid if it needs to.
The playard, or pack n play as they are also called was something I wanted to get. So many people have told me that they are an investment worth making. It'll be great for when we travel or if either grandma's ever want to babysit at their homes, but I also think it's what little Brody Jay is going to sleep in at first. The mattress thing can move up so he'll be up higher, and then I don't have to have a bassinet. I actually picked this one out on my baby registry without really paying much attention, and then when we picked out the travel system it matched.
I feel like a huge weight has been taken off my shoulders since we got so much stuff! Now it's bought and put together and I don't have to think much more about it. I just think about the little one that's going to go in it!
We debated back and forth for what seemed like FOREVER in Babies R Us on what we were going to actually get, but I love every choice we made. I haven't sat at home and wished we had picked something else (something I often do after buying anything). We just need our little man to get here so he can try it all out!

9 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I LOVE that pattern...it's one I was definitely eyeing at Babies R Us...I want to get one that will work for either a boy or a girl...because if I get some frilly pink thing and we have a boy next then I'll have to buy all new stuff...and we're just not that rich! That's a really cute one...I wonder what we'll end up getting! You make me so anxioius to start making purchases...

Mary Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. Bitton said...

I love your stuff!! I had Grace just before everyone came out with the cute trendy prints...I want new stuff so bad!! :) I am so excited for you to have this baby! I am sure you are too;) you guys sound like you're doing great!

Class and Sass said...

Love all the new baby merchandise! :) So happy for ya!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute stuff! So fun!!! Hey, just wanted to let you know I ordered that book online you recommended The Girlfriends Guide thingy, so Im excited. No not pregnant, just for FUTURE use ! Thanks, Im sure I will love it!!
LISA

123123 said...

I love what you have chosen. I'm all about getting the Car Seat/Stroller package. It's a total money saver!
How are you feeling these days?

Monica said...

You are totally nesting!!! (hee hee hee) It's getting more and more exciting! I bet it feels soooooo good to have that stuff ready... I am so happy for you!

Spencer and Marlee said...

Okay, my friend Gina has that same one or one VERY identical! I love it! It's cute! PERFECT colors for a boy or girl!

Amy J said...

All the time! Time just flies by, I can't believe it's almost May and I am taking her to her 4 month check up tomorrow. It's gone by crazy fast.