Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I Heart Utah

When I was younger we lived in Provo and then Orem Utah. I absolutely loved it. I have really good memories there, and when we go visit Utah I just kinda miss it. I tell Trevor that I would move there in a heart beat and he then tells me he would rather die.

While we were in Utah we did a lot of traveling across their valley. We went back and forth from Salt Lake to Provo to Orem and then even to Payson. It was fun for me to see all the places that I loved. We took the time to go see Bridal Veil Falls which is always pretty. I was disappointed because you can't drive up to it right now because it is winter and I guess they close down. Trevor was amazed by the water and Sundance, but he just didn't get the full effect since it was partly frozen.
When I was a kid we used to eat at a restaurant called Los Hermanos. It is the most American tasting Mexican food ever, but there really isn't much "real" mexican food. We went there quite a bit, and Trev and I didn't go eat dinner there but I did run in for chips and salsa. They were pretty dang good. Almost as good as I remembered.
My favorite thing though was probably going to see my old house. I can't believe how much different it looked to me now. Back then our house and our neighborhood were basically our whole world and so to go back it was just so different. The yard and house weren't as well kept as when we had it, and it was so much smaller than how I had it pictured in my head! The neighborhood itself just seemed so tiny. I was too chicken to go say hi to any of the neighbors that still lived there, but it was just so cool to drive past my house and my old school and the church around the corner.
I think I will always feel at home in Utah, but when we woke up on Sunday morning to snow I realized that I just don't know if I could handle the snow in April! I hate snow. I don't know if it would be worth it. Visiting is okay for now.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

it's not worth it! trust me! I am so jealous of anyone and everyone who calls Arizona home right now. Seriously I love AZ. I love it. I was so angry that it snowed last weekend. You would never have to put up with that in Arizona. Not where I'm from. I'm glad you had fun, but you might be right about it being a good place to visit for now!