Sunday, April 20, 2008

Best Book

My friend, Heidi, just sent me this pregnancy book called The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. If you are anything like me, or have a sense of humor like me then and of course your pregnant....than you would love this book as much as I do. The opening page clues you in on what kind of book it is.
Top 10 greatest lies about pregnancy

10. Lamaze works.
9. Morning Sickness is Gone by Lunchtime.
8. Good Mothers Love Every Minute of This.
7. You Will Have Your Pre-pregnancy Figure Back in Three Months, Especially If You Nurse.
6. Oil Massages Prevent Stretch Marks.
5. Pregnant Women Have the Most Beautiful Skin and Hair.
4. Exercise During Pregnancy Will Make Your Labor Easier.
3. Pregnancy Brings a Couple Closer Together (Yeah, You and Your Obstetrician!).
2. "From the Back, You Can't Even Tell You're Pregnant!"
1. Pregnancy Only Lasts Nine Months.
What to Expect When You are Expecting, is good, but I love this book because it doesn't give
the clinical descriptions that others do. It is like talking to your best friends or the older sister I never had. When it talks about heartburn/indigestion as becoming a fire breathing dragon I can totally relate. I have been super busy so I haven't gotten all the way through the book yet, but so far I love it! I do feel like Pregzilla sometimes, and Mommy Alzheimer's definitley describes my current state of mind.

I highly recommend this book to any pregnant woman, no matter how far into your pregnancy! Thanks Heidi!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Taytum, you are so cute! I love seeing your blog and reading all about you being pregnant. I think its so fun for me cause it will happen for me one day, and I will be able to know what all you were talking about when I feel the same things! Keep blogging all about your life and pregnancy, its interesting and really fun to read! Love ya!
Lisa

Mary Anne said...

My sis-in-law gave me that book to read, and I haven't read much of it yet, but now I want to go and read it some more. From what I read...it was pretty funny. And yeah! Another belly picture that I love so much...Okay so can I say that I'm jealous that you look pregnant? You look great, and honestly I am sick of people being like "what? oh I can't even tell!" And I think "yeah...I know...I was fat before and now I look like I'm just letting myself go." Anyway, I'm not quite sure what you're talking about when you say you aren't cute because you so are! I hope my last post didn't sound all crusty...some people have been like "wow...calm down." I totally didn't mean to come off like a wench, but I guess I did.

P.S. can you believe Erin is quitting? I hope it's just not true.

Heidi Joncas said...

Yea! I am glad you like it!! It was my favorite pregnancy book. Your baby belly is looking so cute. I wish I could rub it, with permission of course.