Thursday, April 03, 2008

Drumroll Please.....

Today we went to the doctor and found out what we were having. We didn't tell anyone when we were going because we didn't want to have everyone calling and asking us all day. Our parents had no clue that that we were finding out at all. We flat out lied to them about when our appointment was.

For my mom we filled a bottle with purple, green, and yellow m&m's. I then wrote her a little poem that said:
Boy or Girl
What do you think?
Look for something
Blue
or
Pink
We stuck only one of those m&m's in there.
For Trevor's parents we did it a little different. It just so happened to be Trevor's mom's bday so we got her a book for her birthday. We put the book in a bag and then a bottle filled all with the same color m&m's at the bottom of the bag. She was so surprised to find that in there!
So in case you haven't figured it out....it's a BOY. Did you expect anything else? Trevor has been saying it's a girl, but he really and truly thought it was a boy and I did too. When I first got pregnant I even looked at a chinese birth calender and it said it was a boy too. I just figured that's what we would have.
Sonogram pictures to come soon!

14 comments:

Bailey said...

Congrats, I'm happy for you! Boys are TOO fun! Be happy.

kimber said...

Hey there! We haven't met, but I am Trevor's cousin Kim (our moms are sisters) and I saw your blog linke on Megan's blog - I loved reading about this and getting an update on you cute kids! We were living in NY when you guys got married - and I haven't actually seen Trevor in person since right before he left on his mission! Anyway, you guys are ADORABLE and comgrats on your little baby boy on the way. :) Trevor sure is a keeper and has always been so great - and from what I hear YOU are pretty FABULOUS yourself! I'm glad you are both so happy! I put a link to your blog on ours, I hope that's okay - that way I can keep up on the updates! Our blog is : www.shiningtimestation.blogspot.com Give Trevor a big hug for me!!
Love
Kimi

Larry and Megan said...

Hey beautiful,congratulations! Boys are fun and crazy I am so happy for you both. I'm tagging you, so I hope you will do it. Look at my blogg for details. We need to get together soon. It was good to see you at Julie's, I miss you!

Heidi Joncas said...

Yeah! Boys are so fun! Congratulation!

ms said...

Exciting - you'll be glad you had a boy first, everyone says they are so much easier. (I think they must be referring to the teenage years...who knows)

123123 said...

Congrats!! I was hoping you'd have a girl --- but that will come later! You'll LOVE it, I'm sure!!! Make sure to send lots of pics!

Nicole said...

Congrats! Boys are so sweet! And SO much easier than girls:) Okay, they're both fun, but you'll really enjoy having a rough, rugged little guy around:)

Ben & Jessica said...

that is so fun and cute the way u told ur parents!

Matt and Liz said...

yay!! boys are fun!

Pink Caboose said...

I just happened to see your blog today and thought I would say hello and congrats on a baby boy. Boys are fun. I know, I have three of them! Have a great day!

Mary Anne said...

YEAH! You know I am just surrounded by boy nephews (I have three that live right next door...) and they really truly are the funnest. At the beginning of my pregnancy I wanted a boy first, and then I switched to girl because EVERYONE else was having a girl, but lately I've felt like it might be a boy. Either way will be great, but boys are AWESOME. If you want to see some funny boy twins, just click "ashley and russ" on my page under "family bloggers" Her boys are awesome. Hooray for you guys! What a cute way to tell everyone, too.

Angelic Kelli said...

Howdy! You and I haven't met, but I am Kim's sister (see previous blog comment, hahaha) and Trevor's cousin. I can still remember when Trevor was born and I can't believe he is going to be a dad!!! Congrats to you guys! Of course you are having a boy, that is about all Waite's have! LOL Anyway, I think this blogging thing is great because we can keep in touch with friends and family and keep them all updated by just typing everything once. my blog is www.musicandangels.blogspot.com. Hope you visit it once in a while and give Trevor a hug from me!

Kelli

Erin said...

What a cute idea!! I love it and wish I would've thought of it first. I'm excited that you're having a boy.

Stormy and Spenser said...

Congrats! How Exciting! I have 4 little nephews that are so fun all the time! I'm so excited for you guys!