Monday, April 21, 2008

The Crib

We have a crib! I put the crib on hold at a store in Chandler, but we didn't actually get it until Friday evening. Trevor's brother was kind enough to pick it up and store it until we could come, and we couldn't wait to get it!


We took the car to the valley instead of the truck, but I didn't understand why. I just figured that Trevor knew best. We had intentions of buying all the big baby things we needed, but I didn't think it would fit in our car. Trevor informed me that the tires were bad on the truck and that's why we took the car, but I was still skeptical about how things were going to fit.
Sure enough we open the trunk and fold down the seats, and the crib won't fit! It was the main reason for going. I was so disappointed. We finally decided to try taking it out of the box it came in. After much manuevering on Trevor's part we got it in! We knew that it was going to be a tight fit if we got any of the other stuff we planned on, but we did it. We may have looked like crazy people that stuff their cars full, but who cares?!
When we got home Sunday evening we didn't have anything put away, but we went straight to work on putting together our crib. It was so fun to do. It makes Brody's room really seem like his. It's not just four painted walls anymore. I love the crib I picked. I can't wait to get everything together.
Now if the bedding could just get here.....

5 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the bedding you picked out.

Heidi Joncas said...

How funny, you must be online right now. I felt horribly ugly and fat my whole pregnancy, but now that I can reflect on that time I wish I wasn't so self conscious of my ever growing body. It was a neat experience to be pregnant, even though it wasn't great.

Anonymous said...

taytum! your crib is so cute, but not a cute as you are, you look great! we got an awesome crib a month or so..isn't it so exciting!

Mary Anne said...

ooh I love it...I love the look of the new cribs that turn into toddler beds/headborads and whatever else. That's the kind I want...but then it's like there are still a hundred more choices. Does yours have a side that goes up and down? It doesn't look like it...and I like those kind because they seem more sturdy. It's going to be quite a day when we actually decide on one thing. I get all stressed out (okay not really) because it's like "this is it...if I hate it, well I'll just live with it because it was expensive!" But I love your choice.

Shepherds said...

Looking good! I can't wait to see it all finished! You are WAY ahead of the game. :)