Friday, April 04, 2008

He's NOT a Fish!

Here are the first looks at our little man, Brody Jay Waite! I can't tell you how overcome with emotion I really was yesterday. I had not been feeling well and hadn't slept very much at all, and then I always get really nervous before an appointment. I didn't realize I could be so nervous!
The first bit of the ultra sound was uncomfortable due to the full bladder that they required me to have and all the pushing and prodding she did. She did like a half hours worth of measuring every part of the kid in just the regular 3d ultra sound. Then we got to move on to the fun stuff. She let me get up and go potty (oh what a relief!) and then switched to the 4d ultra sound. Can you say amazing?Pretty quickly we found out that he was in fact a he. That part was actually just done in the 3d. It was VERY obvious! This second picture shows the one leg and then you see something above it...that would be what my dr. referred to as his "peter". Haha. I don't know if it's just the pictures or if it's because I have never had a little boy before, but he seems to be, well um...endowed? HAHAHAHA! Can I say that on this? But, even the nurse was like oh there he is!
I was a little teary eyed all day, but after we were through with telling our parents and everything the water works just started to flow. I can't explain how I felt. I was so glad that everything looks good. The dr. says I pretty much have a textbook pregnancy. I am SO okay with that. Then I was worked myself up before we saw our families that they wouldn't be excited because it wasn't a girl, but really it's their granchild and their nephew so why wouldn't they be thrilled? I just stressed myself out over nothing. But I really hit the dramatic stage when we got home and started to cry because I told Trevor that Brody was going to like him more than me. He just laughed and said that that wasn't true. But you see, Trevor thinks that his dad is the coolest human being on the planet. More than me even. All his brothers have such a relationship with their Dad. I just realized how much I did NOT want to be left out like I feel Trevor's mom is. Can you say horomone issues last night?
I did hope for a girl, but I started to think about all these other boys that are being born around here, and I got excited because they are all kids that have a strong possibility of being athletically inclined and just best buds. How fun is that? My co-worker Marcie Ashton has a son and then two girls and her little girls LOVE their big brother. He is everything a big brother should be, and so then I started to think about Brody Jay being a big brother. I am starting to get more and more excited.
Last night while I was in bed one of my final thoughts was, "wow! This is so real to me now. It really isn't a fish. This is a little boy that looks nothing like Nemo. He has fingers and toes. I know I have been feeling him, but this is so real." I have just been an emotional wreck! I cannot believe I am going to be a mom. That I will have two men in my life. My Trevor Joel and now my Brody Jay.
I am so LUCKY.

13 comments:

Amy J said...

YAY! I'm so jealous of the name! That's the same name I was trying to convince Dannon of naming our baby, if Payton had been a boy...I mean EXACTLEY the same. I love the name Brody, and Dannon's middle name is Jay! That's so crazy. Maybe someday I will convince him and our boys will having matching names. Congrats!

Class and Sass said...

OH!!! I cant even begin to tell you how special little boys are! They are full of life and this exciting energy,they will keep you on your toes (in a good way :) I am so happy for you and trevor!! The name is adorable! We love you guys and take care :)

Erin said...

First, I absolutely love the name you picked. It is so cute. And I love that you call him Brody Jay and not just Brody.
Second, he will be such a mama's boy!! You are just the type of girl that would make her kids fall in love with her. But I understand your feelings, because I have a feeling that our little girl is going to be IN LOVE with Jace. And it makes me a little jealous. Dumb to be jealous of already? YES!! But it's a normal thought to have. Isn't this time in our lives so exciting?

123123 said...

You crack me up!
Honestly, I love that you and Tiffanye are having babies with me. Seeing what you're going through now helps me to be prepared for it about 10 weeks down the road!
That sucks you only get ONE ultrasound?!? How crappy is that?
I love the name Brody --- so Taytum... so adorable!
Maybe I'll actually be able to take a trip to come see you guys soon!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

I love the name. So cute. I seriously thought you were having a girl though! My little sister about started crying when my mom told her I was having a boy. She wanted a girl so bad. Haha. Hopefully we will get a girl someday!

K. Bitton said...

congrats!!! I am so excited for you! And what a cute way to announce the gender! Being a mom is the best thing in the world! You will be awesome!

Ashley said...

Congrats on the boy! How fun! And don't worry - Randy is the same way with his dad, he absolutely adores him. I think that comes later in life, though. Cooper is all boy, but he only wants his mama. I'm sure Brody will be the same way. :)

123123 said...

Ok ok ok... so I love that you're 10 weeks ahead of me.
I had my own little "bra incident" this past weekend! I too had to run to VS for a new one.
Crazy.

Gina Lee said...

Dont worry...once he is here you will WANT him to be a daddy's boy. Porter LOVES his daddy, and I love that he does. That means I can get stuff done and he isnt attached to my hip. I promise, a little boy loving his daddy is not a bad thing at all. I dont feel left out one bit because you know what, when he needs a cuddle, or hurts himself...he wants mommy! =) I want a girl too, but there is just something about little boys that is just SOOO special! You will love it. I am completely glad I had a boy first! (and I was pretty set on a girl at the beginning)

Creative Corner said...

Yeah I am so excited for you. We really wanted a little boy first. This is going to be so fun! and I can even say that your pictures are CUTE, who gets cute ultrasound pictures. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! How exciting. A boy will be so much fun.

The Lovell's said...

Too cute... I love the 3D picture...that is so awesome!!! Congrats!

Jaime said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you. You look so cute pregnant!