Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Black Friday

Scary day, right? I mean, I have never experienced the biggest shopping day of the year (aka the day after Thanksgiving) until this year. Talk about crazy. Being that I was down in Mesa where there are actually places to shop, and I didn't have Trevor around to see what I would be buying him for Christmas....I decided to get up at like 5:30 in the morning to go shopping. Some might think I'm mad for doing it, but it was really quite fun. To make it even better, I told Kade and Taylor that I was going and they decided that they wanted to come too! I couldn't believe that a 13 year old and a 10 year old would want to get up for that, but they did! You should have seen Taylor's hair, it looked like a rat's nest. We got to the Target on Southern and Alma School in Mesa at like 2 minutes to 6 (am) and there was not a parking space in site. We had to go over to another lot before we could park. The people were lined up all the way past the building and they had just opened the doors. We joined their ranks and it was a continuous line for about 15 minutes before everyone got in. We found some really good deals, but most of them were in the electronic department, and I didn't really have anything to buy in there. Some DVD's were being sold for 5 bucks, and they weren't old movies either. We also bought Kade, Taylor, and Spenser's (my other brother) xmas presents. It kinda takes the fun out of it when they know what they are getting, but it also insures that they get what they like.

About 50 minutes later, we left Target and traveled across the street to the Fiesta mall. There wasn't really anything we needed in there, but we went to see some of the sales, and then I bought us pretzels with cheese for breakfast. I know- really healthy right? Oh well, that is one of the perks of being the sister and not the mom.

We got back to my grandma's and hung out for a while. The two kids went with my grandpa because most of the cousins went to play basketball together. I just stayed home and wrapped Trevor's presents and then when they got back we went to lunch and then headed home.

The drive seemed long, but I was so glad to be home. I hid Trevor's wrapped gifts at my mom's house so that he can't look at them and guess what they are. It was a successful Black Friday, and I wouldn't mind doing that again. Happy shopping to the rest of you!

1 comment:

Heidi Joncas said...

Jeremiah and I did a little shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Talk about a crowd. We didn't do the early morning thing though, but there was still a huge crowd. Beats WalMart any day.