Sunday, November 19, 2006

Third times a charm!

Let me tell you about Trevor's latest obsession. He cannot stop talking about pumpkin pie! He has asked his mom to make him one, he asked me too. I am sure I could figure it out, but I have never really made a pumpkin pie. My grandma was the pie maker always, and well, my mom would just buy frozen ones. I mean pumpkin pie has been the talk for a week or more!

(On a side note, I was on a pizza kick too. Almost dreaming about pizza from pizza hut. Trevor has made fun of me, because that is all I have wanted for dinner. Trevor is not even a fan of pizza, but moving along w/ my story.....)

Finally desperation sunk in I guess. I get home from my lunch break on Monday (that Trevor's day off) and our house smells so good like spices and stuff. I go in the kitchen and there are two pumpkin pies. That's right, Trevor made the pies himself! It was so funny. Later, he cut a huge piece for himself and he kept saying that it didn't taste right. Turns out he put in like 3 times too much cloves. haha! But instead of leaving it at that, he made ANOTHER pie! This one finally was just right. He was in heaven. I thought that it was so funny, but he also could no longer tease me about having pizza on my mind....because I didn't get nearly as desperate as he did. I think I took a picture of his pie. If I can find it, I'll post his masterpiece for you to see!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! Props to Trevor! I can't believe he actually MADE pumpkin pie! I'm not even brave enough to take that on. So I've been checking your posts like EVERYDAY waiting for a new one. I was happy to see one today. Keep posting the recipes, I LOVE them. I actually started a 'Taytum Recipe Book'. NO JOKE!!

Heidi Joncas said...

Shoot, I love pumpkin pie too, and I understand the craving! But I am not brave enough to make my own. Good job Trevor.