Monday, November 06, 2006

The Weekend

This last weekend was both fun, and a little disappointing. There is this gated community in Mesa that opens its gates one time a year and has a community yard sale. Last year, Trevor and I really lucked out. He had just proposed to me, and reality was starting to set in. Things that we hadn't thought of like where are we going to live, how can we afford a bed, we don't have tables or chairs, were all of a sudden problems that we needed to take care of, and FAST! Luckily we came across a solid oak table with four chairs and a matching hutch for only like $300 bucks! We also got a king size select comfort (where you can change the amount of air is on each side) and its frame for pretty cheap too.

We have most of the things that we need, but we thought that we would check it out again this year and get anything we might need or want. Unfortunately, instead of making positive that it was in fact the first weekend of November we forged ahead. We were so wrong. We drove around and found a few yard sales that are average one people have every weekend, but nothing all that great. Then we saw the sign. It was posted on the side of the road saying that community sale was in 2 weeks! I was a little ticked, I'm not going to lie. That meant time and money that we spent for nothing! I didn't want to go back in 2 weeks, when the week after that it's Thanksgiving.

To make up for the non-yard sales, Trevor took me to Target (which is my favorite store), and gave me kind of an "allowence." He said I could buy any holiday decor that I wanted! Talk about one of the best things ever! I always am talking about decorating for Halloween, or Thanksgiving, and mostly of Christmas. Most of the fall stuff was on sale, so I probably should have taken advantage of that, but I picked out all xmas stuff. Christmas is my favorite holiday. Truth be told.....I have turned on the Christmas tunes a few times already this year. I know, it's sick. We had talked about buying a new Christmas tree, since the one I have is like a ten dollar one from the dollar store so I banked on that fact and bought a ton of new ornaments for my tree. I also got a little crazy and got some lights and garland, and xmas cards. I was in 7th heaven, no joke. After we went to target, Trevor really put the icing on the cake and bought me a tree at Walmart. I can't tell you how thrilled I am!

When you read the poem the night before christmas and it talks about "visions of sugarplums" dancing in there heads.....that has been going on in my head since mid-October. I really think it could be a disease.....Christmas-itus. Fortunately, (or unfortunately depending on which view your looking at) I have been banned from putting up the tree by Trevor. Don't worry though, I go and look at my ornaments, and have them organized, and lists of friends I might send cards to have already been started.

Overall, I thought that the weekend was successful. We didn't get to go to the yard sales (boo), did xmas decoration shopping (yay), watched the girls soccer team lose the state championship game (boo) and bought xmas pinecones that smelled like cinammon and made the whole truck smell really strong on our 4 hour drive home (boo, until there was the dead skunk smell and then yay).

p.s. Random pictures may be posted like wedding ones and stuff, but its because I don't have any others!

2 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Taytum I love to see all your wedding photos, I didn't see your wedding and man you looked so beautiful and so happy.
I am so glad you love Christmas as much as me! We are getting a real tree this year and I can't wait to get all the fun stuff to go on it.

Heidi Joncas said...

Hey Taytum, I wish we could get together but Lee has state volleyball this weekend and we are leaving on Friday. We need to get together before the holidays. Talk to you later