Sunday, August 31, 2008

Life after Two Weeks

Life has changed for sure....that is the understatement of the century. We can't imagine him not here now. There are things that I was so prepared for, and things that I could never have been prepared for. Those of you that have had daughters you are lucky that you get to skip the whole circumcision doctor appointment. Now that was rough. I stressed about it for a long time. I bawled the whole time, and Trevor was the one that stayed in the room with Brody! I cried myself out to the car. If you think getting your kids shots is bad, I think that appointment is worse. That cry was worse than any I had heard from him ever! Brody broke the tension in the room though by pooing on the doctor midway through the procedure.After Brody was born he lost weight and was down to 8 lbs. 12 oz. By the Wednesday after he was born he was back up to 8 lbs. 15 oz. So he had lost more weight but it was coming up. On Friday we went for Brody's two week wellness check up. It had been 9 days since our last appointment. He now weighs 9 lbs. 12 oz. He gained nearly a whole pound! Talk about good eats! He is in the 96% for his heighth (he's now 22 and 1/2 inches long) and 79% for his weight.

One thing I never even thought twice about was the amount of laundry! Holy moly! How can bringing one tiny little being into your home nearly double the amount of laundry I do? It's insane. And further more, I swear that the amount of trash we take out has doubled as well. It is nuts.

My favorite thing Brody does right now happens right after he is fed. If he got in a good feeding he usually has milk spilling somewhere on his face. He also is asleep and like dead weight at this point. It is like he is the most fat and happy and content person on the planet. I'll stroke his little face and he just grins ear to ear. It is the sweetest thing ever. Sometimes at night when I can barely keep my eyes open he'll start to do that and I'm like, "okay, I just want to hold you longer and look at your little face." It makes it all worth it.


Trevor loves being a dad. He is so good. He changes every single diaper when he is home. Well, minus the ones at night....but he did get up with me every feeding that first week. Trevor has probably said the word cute more time in the past couple weeks than he has in his whole entire life. He loves Brody and loves to hold him and talk to him. When Trevor's at work I text pictures of Brody just so he doesn't miss out on too much.


We have been pretty busy, and things are very different at home, but we are getting used to it all. I know we wouldn't trade it at all, even if there are hard days. It's been good. The last two weeks have definitely flown by!

11 comments:

Missy said...

He is so great! I'm glad you are enjoying motherhood. Tons of work ~ you never really know how much until it happens to you! :o) You're doing great.

Erin said...

That is so true about our macho men using the word 'cute'! I'm used to it by now, but in the beginning it was like, "What did you just say?" Cute cute pictures of Brody Jay.

I'm so glad I got to see you, even if it was only for like 15 min.

Jaime said...

He is so precious!!! Yes, there definitely is more to parenting than you could EVER be prepared for!

The Lovell's said...

Oh...he is just so perfect...and you were worried you wouldn't have cute kids...he is adorable.

kimber said...

He really is such a beautiful baby! That's funny about Trevor using the word cute! The first time I ever heard Jeff say it was when James was born.
Jeff doesn't give our boys kisses - he does the reverse kiss instead and puts his mouth on their cheeks and blows. It's way funny. I guess you have to see it to appreciate it.
Anyway, beautiful Brody! :)

The Graham Crackers said...

Wow Taytum! Congratulations! He truly is adorable! Isn't it amazing how much you can love such a little person? You didn't know you were capable of loving someone so much huh? Well you're going to be a great Mom and Brody is going to love you! Well, I'm sure he already does! :)

Jason and Elizabeth said...

Taytum! He is so cute, and sounds like he is such a good/sweet little baby! I am so happy for you guys, and am so glad that you guys are happy!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Brody is so cute! I am not looking forward to the circumcision appoinment. It stresses me out and makes me feel so guilty. And the laundry thing! Holy cow its crazy how much they can go through!

Heidi Joncas said...

He is such a beautiful baby. I love the one were he is all stretched out. It like he feels so good to be "unfolded"

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I am glad things are going well.

Ashley said...

Congrats on the baby! He's so cute! Welcome to motherhood! :)