Saturday, August 02, 2008

Burping Brody in Style

I don't know if I just have an extremely talented and gifted family, or if I am just so severely lacking in the talent department that I think everyone is amazing. Even though I had a lot of people that didn't make it to my baby shower, there have been a lot of gifts dropped off since then. Especially with last week being the 24th and everyone was home, I received quite a few more things.

Now, my shower was pretty dang near perfect because of Julie's talents, but her sister, Jaymi, is equally talented. I can't get over how pulled together and creative the two of them are! Jaymi brought me some burp cloths that she sort of "jazzed up", and I have to say they are pretty awesome! I am a little afraid to actually use them because they are so cute. She tried really hard to make them cute and stylish without being babyish or too girly. I think they turned out great!
When she brought them to me, Trevor was looking at all of them and he said, "I would hang those on the wall, " because he thought they were such nice and fancy looking burp cloths.


Thanks Jaymi! And thanks everyone else that has sent me something or brought me something. You have no idea how much it is all appreciated.

7 comments:

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Those are so cute! I wish I had that creative bone! I am so ready to be done. I am with you there. I saw what you wrote on Liz'z blog. She wasnt the one who wrote that. It was my sister in law. Haha. You should post a picture. I bet you look so cute, unlike me.

Erin said...

Those are cute, and totally not girly at all! Good job to the girl that made them.

I've been thinking about what you asked me, about what you still might need. Do you have a baby monitor yet? I use mine everyday. They can get kinda pricey, but I'd ask around to see who has the cheap brand and if it makes a difference. I bet they are just as good.
Also, the jammies that open up at the bottom - they don't snap or zip. Those are great for changing diapers in the middle of the night because you don't have to totally undress the baby.
Nipple cream - your hospital might give you some though, so you might want to wait on that. But if they don't, then get some! Cause your boobies are going to be very sore without it.
You are so smart, you probably already have all of this stuff! I can't think of much else that you wouldn't have yet.
I know that this is getting long, but oh well. I am super excited for you. Everytime I look at your blog and realize how much closer it's getting I get so excited. These will be the best weeks of your life coming up! Some people say they are also the hardest, but I think it depends on the person because it hasn't been that hard so far for me.
I'm with Tiffanye, I'm ready to see another belly picture!

Jason and Elizabeth said...

Dude Taytum, Tiffanye already told you this but I want to make it known that I did not call her huge! I can't even believe you would think that I would call her that because she's not, haha. Also I AM going to be one of those huge pregnant women who are huge because I'm going to eat everything in sight! haha I love you dude you're crazy!!

Nikki Owens said...

hey i am just like you. i think the creative genes passed me up. so i glad to have someone like jaymie and julie, they are amazing. so how have you been doing? i wanted to stop by during the 24th but next time i am home for sure. when is your due date again?

Julie said...

GOOD HECK! I just saw that you have 12 days!! 12 freaking days! I cannot believe it. Well let me know what you need and what you would like to have as your first meal home, cause I'd love to make it!

Julie said...

Besides, if I am making dinner, that means I get to sneak in the door too!! Haha

Tansey Hall said...

Hey Taytum,
I saw that you only have 11 days left, or maybe sooner. You are lucky to have stayed so tiny, you are all belly.
Those birp rags are so cute. I have seen them in boutiques for $20 each.