Friday, August 08, 2008

A Little Progress

I am at the point now in my doctor appointments where I go every week. However, I had my 36 week check up and then the 37 week one got canceled, so I finally got in this week. There isn't much change, but I guess every little bit is one step closer to being finished, right? I had a new nurse this week so she didn't know my whole procedure of getting on the scale backwards and all that, but she soon learned. When we got in the room Trevor wanted to know how much I had gained so we asked and she said I had lost a few pounds since the last appointment, but Trevor wanted to know how much I had gained all together. He guessed 20 pounds. She told us it was 14. So not a lot of change since the last time we asked a few weeks ago when I was at like 11. She then checked my blood pressure and it was normal. And finally I asked her what my test results were from the strep B test they did, and she said it came back negative, so that was good too.

Finally, our doctor came in and examined me. He said that I am at negative one station, I'm 50% effaced, and that I have dialated to 1 centimeter. Really not a lot of change, but it is progress. I had hoped Brody would come today because he would have a cool birthday (8/8/8), but I'm fairly certain that it's not going to happen today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's soon. I am scared to death, but I'm ready to meet this little boy!


(For Kathy--I tried to get on your site to leave a comment and was unable to, my mom actually bought me that bag at Stage on sale. I did have a friend tell me that she had gotten the same one a couple years ago at Dillards. I hope that helps you find one!)

8 comments:

Joey & Tiffanye said...

Everbody was hoping I would have the baby today too. Since we were married on 7/7/7/7, out baby should be born on 8/8/8/ Your slowly on your way to having little Brody. My Dr hasnt checked me yet. Hopefully monday I will have progressed. I cant wait to see Brody!

Clint and Tiffany said...

Hey chica! Trust me, every prego lady out there knows how you feel! I remember KNOWING that I was never going to have Madison... that I would either die pregnant or explode. At least you've only gained 14 pounds, I gained twice that, to the pound! I'm so excited for you! One tip, keep plenty of burp rags, pacifiers, Mylicon, tissues and Lansinoh cream close by at EVERY NURSING! I kept a night stand next to my rocker and had all that in the top drawer and it helped SO MUCH! If your boobs hurt, take a hot shower and massage the crap out of them. If that doesn't work, wrap them in cabbage leaves (sounds crazy but you will feel SO MUCH BETTER!) and watch out for let down... It got to a point where almost every time Maddie (or pretty much any other baby for that matter!) would cry, my milk would let down, so make sure you always have a clean nursing bra and lots of pads! Padded nursing bras are big helps too! My favorite one I got at Target, it was like a sports bra, but padded! Amazing! Hmmm, I'm trying to think of any other hints I might have... OH! Make sure you take chapstick (I know you will cuz you're obsessed with the stuff) to the hospital, your lips get so dry cuz you can't drink any water! And take mints, gum and big, warm, fuzzy socks and slippers. Also, a good idea is one of those neck pillows, not just for your neck but to sit on after, I didn't have that problem cuz Maddie was C-Section, but I hear it really helps! :) Good luck sweetheart! We'll be hiking and swimming in Havasupai next weekend, but I'll call you sometime the week after to see when you'd like me to come, if that's still the plan! Love you!

Ben & Jessica said...

yes, i will admitt it, i am spoiled! im so glad my family is close and we all spend lots of time together! looks like ur gettin close...good luck with the delivery!

Mary Anne said...

alright I know I know...I've been wanting to blog about so many things lately and I've been getting sidetracked by all this other stuff and it's driving me crazy! mainly, I've been re-reading the twilight series and now reading breaking dawn. Horrible excuse, I know, but that's what I've got. Plus I've been out of town for the last two weekends and I feel so behind on life!

But ANYWAY...enough about me. I can't believe that you've only gained 14 pounds...can jealousy even describe my feelings at this moment? not adequately, I'm afraid. seriously, i'm so nervous every time I go to the doctor to find out how much more weight I have to take off to look somewhat normal after this baby comes. Whatever...but I'm so excited for you that you're progressing towards labor! I can't wait for the appointment when they check all that stuff, but actually having some progress would be GREAT news.

YOU'RE SO CLOSE!

kimber said...

Only 14 lbs! You rock!!

kimber said...

Oh and by the way - When my little sister had her baby - she called me and said "I'm 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated - so not this week. Next week at the earliest". The next phone call I got was about 7 hours later "Jessie's in labor" And then 45 minutes later was the next one "Jessie had her baby!" So...... you just never know

Jaime said...

Progress is progress!! And 14 pounds...that's AWESOME!

Heidi Joncas said...

FYI: You should have Brody this weekend. Because I will be up there and could see him and you! That would be fun and I don't think you would care to much if he comes a smidge early.