Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Final Preparations

The true countdown has begun. Since I hit about 12 weeks I have always shortened it in my head by two weeks. So instead of 10 weeks I thought 8. I can't really do that anymore. If I shorten my time by two weeks I am past my date! It is the craziest thing. I feel so ready, but then when I really think about actually having Brody here I think, "Oh, I can wait..."

I flip-flop between emotions more than ever. I know that the price my body has paid for having a baby is well worth it, but every once in a while I get really emotional about how much my body has changed and won't be the same. I know I have talked about my stretch marks before, but I don't think anyone really realizes how bad mine are unless they have seen them. It's bad. I guess that's what I have gotten instead of major puking or getting huge everywhere else on my body. I went for quite a while with not much showing and then BAM! I had belly everywhere and my skin took it hard. It's really not a pretty site. Not that I had a cute stomach before, but it is a little depressing. Oh, and does being pregnant mean that all of a sudden you snore like a bear? I have never really been a snore-er, but apparently I was so bad last night that Trevor left the room and slept on the couch the whole night. I have never been so tired in my whole life. Since the 24th celebrations I have felt completely wiped out. I have like this excessive amount of saliva in my mouth lately, and so the second I lay my head on a pillow I am drooling all over the place. Pregnancy is so not the prettiest time of life.
Trevor has really got a jump on preparing for Brody. The other day he was like, "Shouldn't you get your bag ready for the hospital?" So, this week I really am going to get that done. I have narrowed down the outfit for Brody to come home in to three different outfits. I have put off washing anything because there is always the off chance that he could come out a she, but I figured I could take off the tags on these three outfits and wash them today.
Trevor has also installed the car seat base in our car, so it's ready to go. He has it strapped in nice and tight....I don't think I could get it out if I tried. I have taken the time to put in those plug protectors all over the house. I know it may seem a little early for this, but I didn't want to wait until it was too late. As a baby I took my mom's keys and stuck them in the wall socket. It created a huge black mark up the wall, shocked me, and made a loud noise even. My mom says I didn't cry because she thinks I was too scared, but I didn't want to risk waiting until Brody found the keys and tried it out himself.
It really feels like time has flown by, and yet, it seems really slow. Somedays I feel like bawling because I am so sick and tired of it all, and then other days I feel great and like this has not been bad at all. I feel fortunate that things have gone as well as they have so far, and that I shouldn't complain at all, but there are times that I just can't take it anymore. It seemed very surreal at the beginning when we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl, and I wasn't showing...but the thoughts of him REALLY being here are more surreal than ever. No one can prepare us for what is coming up next no matter how much they tell us. I just can't believe it. Now if he would just come already....

10 comments:

Joey & Tiffanye said...

You Look so cute! I am jealous. Your not the only one with bad strech marks. I hate them. I havent snored yet, but I drool like no other now!

Erin said...

I am in love with that diaper bag! How cute is that? And stretch marks or no stretch marks, you are looking great. I drooled too. Wierd.

K. Bitton said...

You look great! I am so excited for you! You're right nobody can prepair you for what is to come, but you will be so happy! I look forward to hearing the news! Good luck with everything!

Tansey Hall said...

The last week feels like an eternity, but soon you will be able to breathe again. I got so impatient and tried almost every trick to start contractions.
That is funny about the pregnancy face. I totally had it and didn't even realize it until I looked back at pictures.
You look great and I can't wait to see little Brody. Hang in there:)

Mary Anne said...

oh sister I feel you on those stretch marks...part of me is like "how do some girls not get them?" it just doesn't even make sense or seem fair to me! And I have been putting on so much weight this last month. I hate it. I'm not looking forward to getting it all off, because I'm afraid I never will.

I can't believe how soon it is for you. 10 days...or less! (hopefully less :) You are so ready. I can't wait to see what Brody looks like. I love all these new babies!

ms said...

Oh, don't worry, I didn't think it was rude - I just sat and shot the breeze with Chuck. Good luck with the delivery! I think Brindi has that same diaper bag, it is really cute.

Spencer and Marlee said...

How fun!! The day is coming fast!! What an exciting time in your life! I love the diaper bag! My Sister has that same one. It is so cute! Well you look great and keep us posted on how everything goes!

Michelle and Javier said...

Good luck with everything! I love that you are so prepared :)

KathyCarbs said...

My daughter, Alli, is best friends with Stormy Carroll- and I understand you are Spenser's sister? Anyway- Alli saw your diaper bag and LOVED it....can I ask where you got it.
BTW- Alli and I like the yellow outfit for coming home from the hospital *wink*
thanks!! Kathy Carbonneau

Kachelle said...

Wha hoo! you're almost there!!! i agree pregnancy really isn't that pretty.