Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bug Phobia

There is ongoing joke at my Mom's house about me. You see, I HATE bugs! When I see them I freak. I know they aren't going to pick me up and carry me away or anything....but stranger things have been known to happen. I don't care what kind of bug it is I don't like them. Ants, spiders, beetles, cockroaches, centipedes..you name it, I hate it.


Well, when I was little I remember smashing this bug, and the yucky crunching noise it made. Ever since then, I am almost more afraid of killing the bug, than the bug itself. As a result....I am now the joke at my mom's house. You see, if I ever like laid on the couch and was watching t.v. or anything and I saw a bug crawling on the carpet, I would grab a big heavy book off the bookshelf and throw it on top of the bug! I figured, that way I didn't have to kill it, and I also didn't have to worry about where the bug went. In the morning often times the family would come downstairs and find 2-5 books on the floor. They knew there were bugs under every one of the books, and it was there job to dispose of them. If I saw the bug in the kitchen, the bugs would get a cup over them instead of a book.


This fact has not changed as I've gotten older. In fact, I might even be a little more scared now then I was back then.


Yesterday morning I found a centipede on my kitchen floor!!!!! Of course, it got the cup. Later I called Trevor and this is how our conversation went:

"Guess what is on the kitchen floor?"
"Um, a centipede...."
"You knew there was one there and you didn't take care of it?"
"Did you put a cup over it?"
"Yes, I did."
"I just wanted to see if you would put a cup on it."
Can you even believe that? Then later when Trevor got home he wouldn't dispose of the stupid thing. He said I was a big girl and that I could do it. I am a big girl but I just couldn't do it!!! So, as of this morning it was still there. I even thought about going and getting my brother, Kade, to go get it for me. Finally after work today, Trevor took care of it. He's my HERO!

7 comments:

Ben & Jessica said...

that is too funny! be glad you dont live in our apartment complex...we have been having a cockroach problem..they arent big but still they are disgusting! Im just glad we get to move into our house soon!

K. Bitton said...

You are so funny! I have a phobia of bugs too. I am glad Trevor took care of it for you!

Bailey said...

YOu are frickin' funny. Makes me laugh.

Heidi Joncas said...

Dang husbands. They are around to kill all the bugs. Jeremiah always makes me kill the spiders. And I hate them. But I think he is more scared of them than I am.

Nicole said...

I HATE centipedes! I don't blame you one bit!

Erin said...

I would be HONORED if you copied me! Honestly. I rarely get ideas that are worth copying, so when they are I like to share. : ) See ya soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha your funny, that makes me laugh that Trevor just left it there. It was funny cuz about 10 minutes after I read this my mom let out a horrifying scream and i ran out there and it was a centipede! gross.