Thursday, June 07, 2007

New to Us

Last Friday Trevor and I purchased our first car together! Although it is a "previously owned" car, it is new to us. Trevor already has a truck and I have a car, but they aren't exactly new. His truck turned over 300,000 miles not to long ago. My car has over 200,000 miles, AND if any of you have seen it, well, it has had better days.

We bought this car in town from Nelson Davis. It is a Volkswagon Passat. It is a 2001, which isn't brand new, but it is about 10 years newer than either one of our cars. It had about 54, 000 miles on it, which isn't bad considering it is 6 years old.


We took it to the valley this weekend and it ran great! We got better gas mileage than we do on either of the other cars. Trevor says our next item of business is to get a CD player in it followed by new rims instead of hubcaps. Which really is a good thing, because as we were driving on the freeway the driver side hubcap flew off! There was nothing we could do about it so it is lying on the side of the road still unless someone picked it up.


Sorry it's not more exciting, but this is our new baby and we are so excited about it!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Taytum, you quit apologizing and saying its not great! Its wonderful. It doesn't have to be brand new to be way cool! I love it and think it is wonderful!

Julie said...

Ok, so you said it's not exciting.. that was the word. It is exciting, its fun and whoo hoo.. you have a new car!!

Erin said...

I LOVE Passats! VERY cute.

The Ray Family said...

Yes I'm with Julie no apologizing! :) At least you guys have 3 cars in a small town....I live in the HUGE OLE VALLEY and we have 1 car!!! Yes I just said one lol so I'm on house arrest everyday of my life while Chris is at work with the car. I have to walk outside just so Jayda will know what sunlight is lol but then I realize it's a 110 degrees outside so we hustle back in lol so Yes I def. agree with Julie it's an awesome car and I wish we were as blessed as you! You go girl. Now we just need to see a pic. of you in it! :)