Friday, June 08, 2007

Little League Softball

It's that time of year again. Little League baseball/softball. So many kids come out for this every year! It really amazes me. Taylor is playing this year. It really isn't her favorite sport, or even close to being favorite but she decided to play anyway. She got hit in the face with a softball a couple years ago, so she sometimes is a little hesitant to play. She is on Carrie Crosby's team, and they are the Twins. There are a lot of girls on this particular team that are really good friends, so I think they enjoy softball because of one another. Unfortunately though, a lot of the girls on the team don't really care about sports, and so they don't really put forth much effort. Taylor likes to win, so I think sometimes it bugs her, and she kinda takes over wherever she is.


There are only three teams in her age group, so they play each other a LOT. Taylor actually does really well. She is great as a shortstop, first baseman, or catcher. She also is a pretty good hitter. Well, that is until lately. Because she got hit, she has been a little scared of the ball. When the season first started she had to get used to the pitching machine. Now, she has no fear of it, and always is a good little hitter. But, now that the season has been going for a while they are letting the girls that are pitcher's try their hand at it. Taylor jumps out of the box nearly everytime someone is pitching to her. I don't blame her! Savannah Ramsey was pitching the other night, and that girl has an arm on her! Someday she is going to be an awesome pitcher. She throws so hard and fast already, but she isn't quite accurate yet. No wonder Taylor was a little nervous. But I imagine she'll overcome this, and be all the better for it. Unless someone beans her with the softball.......
I love this time of year! I love going to these games and smelling the hot dogs that are being cooked. I just really hate the softball cheers they sing....I wake up in the middle of the night singing, "I see a hole out there! I see an H-O-L-E, hole out there! I never played softball, therefore I don't think I should have to be submitted to learning the cheers!




P.S. If you look at the second picture (Taylor running), her tongue is sticking out. It is very common to see her playing any sport like that. We just expect her to bite it off someday on accident.

No comments: