Friday, September 26, 2008

Brody's Perspective

Can you believe it? I am six weeks old today! I can still remember contorting mommy's belly to unimaginable things just by simply trying to stretch out. Now I can stretch as much as I want. Speaking of stretching, I just didn't have enough room to grow anymore in mom's belly and after coming out I have just been growing like crazy. At two weeks I had already grown an inch, and it's probably more by now. I also haven't been weighed since then, but mom and dad both seem to think that I am pushing close to 12 pounds by now.

Things sure have changed. I am becoming more and more alert each day. I hold my head up and make burping me nearly impossible. I just want to be able to view the world as much as I can. I don't want to miss anything.

Like all babies my eyesight is going to be somewhat blurry for the first year of life, but I am getting better and better at following mom and dad with my eyes. I can follow them even when they are far away. Of course, knowing there voice helps me to know where to look! Since we are talking about eyes I'll tell you that it is a constant wonder about what color my eyes are going to be. They still are that slate blue color that I was born with, but sometimes in the light they look like they could go greenish-blue like daddy and other times they look as if they are going to be as brown as mommies.

At night when its time for bed mom or dad will try to swaddle me. This is fine as long as my arms are left out of the swaddling. If they don't leave them out I will grunt and fight with my blanket until I win and get my arms out. Then once they are out I usually put my hands in the cutest places (at least that's what mom and dad think). Sometimes I lock my fingers together, other times I scratch my head, and if I am feeling hungry or just want to be comforted I try to stick a fist in my mouth...I haven't quite figured out the whole thumb sucking thing.

These days I am starting to coo and smile at my parents on purpose, not just 'cause I got gas. They love it of course. I smile and coo the most in the morning. Dad thinks that I am "chipper" like mom in the morning. Another morning person in the house....that is unless you try to wake me up and I'm not ready to be awake, then I am not the happiest camper.

I have found a best friend too! It's the ceiling fan. Well, I like just about any ceiling fan, but especially the one in the living room. I smile and try and talk to it more than I do my mom and dad.

Mom says that she always loves me, but she especially has loved me the last four nights. I thought I'd cut her a break and I have slept anywhere from 4 to 5 hour stretches. I can't decide if this is just a trick, or if I'm going to stick with this routine.I'm basically right on target for what any 6 week old baby should be doing, but sssshhhhhh! My parents seem to think that I'm the cutest, smartest, and strongest baby ever. I've pretty much got them right where I want them....wrapped around my little finger!

3 comments:

Ben & Jessica said...

that was really creative and cute!

Matt and Liz said...

that's so cute

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

I loved reading that! I often wonder what they are really thinking!
I really love the new hair! I totally feel like you need to do something after you have a baby because you do tend to feel like "crap"! Good for you! You look amazing!