Friday, September 12, 2008

4 Weeks of Brody

Wow! Our baby is 4 weeks old. It is so crazy. It seems like I was just in the hospital, and yet at the same time, I feel like he has been around always. So many things have gone on in our lives in the last 4 weeks. We are really getting to know this little guy and his personality.

First of all, Brody loves the car! I don't think he has had much of a choice though. He gets packed up and put in the car seat at least once a day. I am going a little stir crazy by the time Trevor gets home from work, so we load up and go get a soda for Trevor (sometimes me too) and go for a drive. I think Brody is starting to like the car seat more than his own bed.
Another exciting event was Brody rolling over! That's right...last week this little beast rolled over. I don't know if it was a freak accident or what, but he did it twice and was going for roll number three when I stopped him. He hasn't done it since, so it may have just been a chance thing.

Brody might be getting a head start on the rolling over business, but when it came to his umbilical cord, he's been a slow poke. Everyday we have been carefully swabbing it with a q-tip and alcohol, but to no avail! That dang cord has been clinging for dear life. I was really starting to worry. A book I read said that it could take up to four weeks for it to come off, but I had never heard of it taking so long. Well, Brody likes to cut it close...wouldn't you know that it fell off this very morning? The day he turns 4 weeks old...
Because of the cord, Brody has yet to receive a real bath. We sponge bathe him and he HATES it. He gets super mad and cries through pretty much the whole thing. Maybe tonight if I give him a real bath he'll like it. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Brody has favorite things for sure. One is food...he can be crying his head off but as soon as Trevor hands him to me and I'm ready for him he makes this noise like, "oh yes....finally.." and he seems so relieved. Then once he starts eating he is no quiet kid. He lets us know it's good. Second thing he likes is mom and dad. But I think that's a given. And the newest development is tummy time. He LOVES to be on his belly. If he's awake and on his back he pumps his legs and arms and goes crazy. On his belly he is so mellow and takes in everything around him. He even loves falling asleep that way (too bad he can't stay sleeping on his stomach...it would be so much easier!).
I think that sometimes I'm gonna pull my hair out, but overall I'm getting more accustomed to my new job of being a mom, and I really think it gets more and more fun. I love all the progress Brody makes everyday.

6 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I can't believe he rolled over...twice! that's awesome. What a cute 4 week old he is! both him and mommy are looking real good. you are one hot mama taytum!

Sadie just recently turned into sucha noisy eater too...sometimes I just have to look at her and say "that good huh?" too funny. gotta love being a mommy. I'm glad to know though that i'm not the only one who didn't love breastfeeding at first. all that crap about "if you're doing it right it won't hurt..." bah humbug.

Tyler and Naomi said...

He is a cute little boy. Congrats!

Marcie Ashton said...

He is so cute-I check out your blog every week just to see the new pictures. Guess I ought to get off my lazy butt and drive over to your house to see him in person!

Tansey Hall said...

Wow! Rolling over and tummy time. What a strong and healthy little boy. I like all the new pictures, such a darling little boy.

Clint and Tiffany said...

I can't believe that a month has gone by already! Isn't it amazing how LOOOONG that last month is and then how FAST the first one is? Craziness, eh? I wish we had had a blog when Maddie was a baby, I love getting on yours and seeing all your pictures! I guess that was my fault and now I know why you were so annoyed that I didn't have one! :0) Whoopsie on that one! He is a beautiful baby though, if he gets to be too much I'll definately take him! Love you!

Class and Sass said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I bet you are a great mom :)