Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Trevor was Right

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to go with the 7th graders on their field trip. One of the places we went was Meteor Crater. Okay, so I know it's just a big hole in the ground, but I have always thought space stuff was interesting and everytime we go to Flagstaff I wish that Trevor would take a little detour. I really liked going, and they have a visitor center that is pretty cool so I really enjoyed myself.
Our next stop was the Lowell Observatory. I have never been here either. For those of you that don't know, this is where Pluto was discovered. I really liked seeing this old telescope that is still in use today. Once upon a time I thought that maybe I wanted to be an astronaut, but it became a short-lived dream once I found out about black holes. Those just freaked me out...
Lastly, we took the kids to the mall. There were ground rules for all of them and one of them was they couldn't go into Spencer's or Victoria Secret. I planned on staying out of both places until Trevor was proved right....
So far, in this pregnancy I have had the itchiest chest. It has been going on since about two weeks after we found out I was pregnant and it hasn't stopped. I think the itchiness has a lot to do with the fact that that area of me is growing, but I have been in complete denial. They are big enough without the pregnancy and I don't need them any bigger, but Trevor has been telling me that my chest is bigger whether I like it or not. As I was trying on shirts in JCPenney my bra strap completely busted on one side. I am not kidding. It just snapped right off! And it was my good bra too! I had 15 minutes until we were supposed to be back on the bus.

I had to make an emergency detour to Victoria Secret and fast! I ran in and told the lady I needed her help. I wanted a bra with no padding, no push-up (they are already in the way enough), good support, and comfortable. I found one fast, and sure enough I did need one bigger. So not funny to me, but hilarious to Trevor. I texted him what happened and he just said told you so. That is one thing about being pregnant I am none too thrilled about.

I am only at 17 weeks (dr. said today more like 18 though)and I am fairly certain that my belly is not going to be the only thing growing unfortunately!

7 comments:

Ben & Jessica said...

I feel your pain...I hate having big boobs! Which I is why I always wear like three layers to push them down! I dont even want to know how big they will get when I get pregnant!

And PS: My mom forwarded me and email from your brother that was titled "The Best Day of My Life." AWESOME email!!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

I know how you feel. I hate how much they are growing. Everybody just tells me how they are going to get so much bigger when you are nursing. So I guess We have to get used to the growth! haha. You look so cute in your picture! When do you find out what you are having? I think you are having a girl!

Mary Anne said...

Cute shirt! You're so funny Taytum...I think you look just great. Definitely all baby. I mean 17-18 weeks? You should totally have that belly!
Plus you know what else? your hair is pretty. I could never get mine that long. I mean it's fine, I like it short, but your long hair is SOO beautiful.
P.S. I am totally sad that we weren't better friends at EA. I mean let's be honest I lived in my comfort bubble and now I'm really sad about it! But I'm glad we're blog friends now...and that we're pregnant too.

Kachelle said...

i am glad you're smart enough to actually wear a bra that supports you! that makes you have hot big boobies, unlike some one i know who just hasn't figured out what i means to have a bra fit. her boobs hand down to her waist like an old woman. gross. you look hot though. and i'm sad to say they're only gonna get bigger. i did enjoy that part of pregnancy!hehe

Creative Corner said...

Hah cracking up here. Dang boobs. but I think your husband will like them both ways you may just get your wish and have something that looks more like flat pancakes when you are all done with the child bearing years only half way through and thats mine! Rats!

Class and Sass said...

Lol! I also wear alot of layers because of my boobs! And can't imagine them getting any bigger! How are you guys?

Anonymous said...

Haha! Taytum..I am itchy too! and my whole body has become so much dryer during pregnany..I've never been a very good at putting lotion everywhere everyday, but WOW, it helps a lot if I do!
And I'm pretty certain I'm going to be bra shopping here in the next few weeks! And mine are plenty big enough for me already too!
And I completely agree with you, there is NO way I would not be able to find out! I'm already counting the days til I can find out! I'm a planner too! and I like to picture things in the future...and I'm having a hard time not being able to picture a baby boy or baby girl yet..and we do have a few names that we really like...you?