Thursday, March 20, 2008

Forgive My Shallow Side

At my last dr. appointment they did another blood test and its the one that tests for anything that could be wrong with the baby. Up until it never hit me how much I hope my kid is healthy. I have always wanted that, but I have just taken it for granted that it will. I have almost had a little panic the last week or so hoping everything is okay.

On the other hand, I do have to admit that the shallow side of me has me worried more than it should. I never worried about a healthy kid, but I have worried about an ugly kid. That's sad, I know. But at least I admit it....there are more people out there than me that have felt the same way. I know I'll love the kid no matter what, and that they will be beautiful and perfect to me (blah blah blah), but I still have thought it.

This week we were at a softball game and this kid ran past us and he was just awkward. He ran weird (heidi would understand that) and he just looked not so cute. We see him return to his family and his four other siblings looked about the same. I look at Trevor and I say, "what if our kid looks like that?" He looks at me and says, "I won't care..." I truly feel horrible and shallow at this point. I'm thinking his next sentence is going to be something like I'LL love them no matter what...but he finishes by saying, "I'm not the one that's going to be made fun of." I seriously about died laughing. When I told my mom later I almost cried from laughing. It's funnier everytime I think about it.

This kid has no chance of ever being anything but super sarcastic with parents like us. Really and truly I do think we'll have a cute kid, but I thought this was too funny to not share.

5 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

I snort laughed out loud about the whole running thing... I guess I am shallow too!

K. Bitton said...

There is nothing wrong with being scared your kid might be ugly...I was and then IT happened. (Not to scare you or anything) I think it's totally normal to worry about something like that! :) Love to hear your thoughts!

Amy J said...

I don't think you have anything to worry about! But it is normal, I always worried that Payton would cute to us, but that everyone else would look at her and think that's one funny looking baby!

Stormy and Spenser said...

haha, you guys crack me up! But don't worry, I think your kid definitely has a good chance of being cute!

Lindsey said...

You are so funny- I LOVE reading your insights to pregnanthood. Keep on writing, it is good preparation for me and always makes me laugh. You're going to be a great mom!