Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mover and a Shaker

This little fish sure likes to move! At my last doctor appointment the nurse practitioner informed me that I have a uterus that tilts towards the front. This means two things. One, that is why I have felt this baby moving so easily...women who have a uterus that tilts more towards the back have a harder time feeling the baby. Second, it means that I am most likely going to stick straight out! Okay, bring it on I guess!

This baby moves all day and a lot. I cannot imagine what it's be like when it's bigger. Last night and this morning though I have been a little concerned because I wasn't feeling the movement as much so I panicked just a little. To put my mind at ease last night I laid down on the hard floor on my stomach. I felt the little fish then. This morning I wasn't feeling much so I started to bounce around and wiggle to try and wake it up. Sure enough, baby started moving. What a relief. You just get kinda used to all the flutters.

Trevor says I am going to give the little fish shaken baby syndrome. Is that possible while they are still in the womb?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the fish thing. You crack me up. If you guys come, you should call us. We would love to do dinner or something. When are you thinking about coming? Conference?

Joey & Tiffanye said...

I think you will have a girl. I want a girl, Joey wants a bot. We will probably have a boy since I want a girl so bad. When do you find out? I am excited for you

Joey & Tiffanye said...

I love the fish thing. Its cute. I think it is neat that your uterus tilts forward. I have to be still for a long time to feel the baby move.

Bailey said...

i too think you're funny. and i did the same thing when i couldnt' feel brody, i'd dance around until i could...nerds.

Amy J said...

How funny! I freaked out once when Payton hadn't been moving so much, luckily I had an appointment already schedule that day, so when I got there, they took this little vibrating buzzer to my stomach and it woke her up! Then she started wiggling like crazy! As much as I love holding her all squirmy in my arms, I sometimes miss feeling her little feet kicking around in my belly!

The Ray Family said...

It's probably more like a tidal wave in there than shaking baby syndrome lol you look awesome :)