Friday, February 01, 2008

Quarter of a Century

You know you are getting old when you have to buy two boxes of candles in order to have enough for your birthday cake. That's right, Trevor just turned 25. He is a quarter of a century old.

Kyle Hauser even told him he was "halfway up the hill." I don't think we ever really feel old, but then when a high schooler says something about your age... it really starts to make you think otherwise!


Trevor's birthday was actually yesterday, but we couldn't celebrate it then because Trevor had to coach. There was an away game in Pinon, which is about 3 hours or more away. Trevor had to leave on the early bus, so he was gone from about 7:30 in the morning until 1:00 in the morning today. The girls called me about a week ago to find out what Trevor's favorite kind of cake was so they could bring him one on the bus. I told them chocolate cake with rainbow chip frosting, and they delivered! They really did bring cake on the bus. They also had cupcakes, and Jaime Hauser bought him a little nerf gun thing from the dollar store, but Jenna Udall had to make sure Trevor knew that SHE picked it out.

I usually try to make a dinner that Trevor either likes or has asked for on his birthday. This year when I asked him what his favorite thing was he said roast. I make roast one way, and his parents make it another, so I had to clarify which one he wanted. He didn't want it my way. Trevor's parents graciously agreed to make dinner tonight, unbeknownst to Trev.

I made cake and told Trevor I thought we could go over to his parents house for cake, and when we got here they had everything all cooked. He was so excited. He had no idea that we were making dinner for him. He had late practice and that threw us all off a little bit, but it worked out just right.

It was a simple bday, and really not much to it, but I think it was a good one. Trevor got to spend it with his favorite person in the whole wide world (cough cough....me) and his parents and his brother. He got his favorite dinner, money from his parents and mine, a few things to clean the car with (he loves having a clean car....I'm so glad he does too, because I hate cleaning the car, but I love having the car clean), and some candy and a hand held connect four game to keep him entertained when he goes on away games like tommorow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREVOR!

9 comments:

Bailey said...

Chris is ALWAYS thinking about another one. I on the other hand have my days, I mean of course i want more little "me's" running around, but can I handle it? Also, I'm sure a girl would just be freakin adorable, but I would like another boy, so him and the Brodster can be buds! I am sure that we will be getting prego here shortly. Depending on how fast/slow I get pregnant! Also, are you thinking boy/girl names. And I agree with you, it's hard choosing a name!

Bailey said...

OKay, so I guess I am the only one that comments these days...ha! Anyways, go to my blog, check my sisters blog "jamie.grimsley" and read her post. I'm sure you'll appreciate it!
Bailey

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that both of my siblings made his birthday better! Haha, they're funny! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Trevor!

Creative Corner said...

Happy Birthday! You made it a great day and inspired me to maybe do something for valentines day since I didnt do so much for birthdays! You are awesome!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Trevor! Sounds like a good one. I agree, baby names are hard, and then agreeing on them is even harder.. at least it was for us. Butch has about 2 girl names he likes and noooo boy names. Hope your week is good!

Lisa said...

Happy Late Birthday Trevor!!!! And ps thanks for the picture from Christmas. I'm hideous, but your cute!!!! It was lots of fun. Anyways....Miss ya!

The Ray Family said...

You're too nice to me :) but thanks for the compliment. You know I thought about coming all the way to St. Johns, I mean why not right? Jayda couldn't have taken it though so we came back home, maybe next time! How's the baby?

Erin said...

You HAVE to post pictures Taytum!! I'll be mad if you don't. I want to see your cute belly!

Lisa said...

Yah I have my Cosmo license. And I do do hair at home, but it's definately not enough to keep me busy. I love it. I just dont have anywhere to do hair. Not ok with the sink rinsing and the color on my kitchen floor if an accident were to occur. So i have actually tried to stay away from building my clientele for the moment in time. Is that dumb? probably. I'm a stikler like that. One of these days I will have a place to do it in my home that is comfortable.