Wednesday, February 27, 2008

15 Weeks and Growing

I know that getting bigger is part of the whole deal that comes with being pregnant, but I have been really hoping to not show right away because there will be plenty of time for that later. I have really started to feel the changes of late, and not been so thrilled with it. First of all, I am not such a small girl anyway. I have never had a little teeny tiny waist like some people (cough cough Erin) and so it's been like, "well is that your own personal fat, or is that from the baby?" Plus, just down the hall from me at work is Suzanne (baca) Hancock, who is about a month ahead of me and looking awesome. I know it's changing because every once in a while I can feel a breeze coming up under my shirt...that's gotta mean that I am sticking out, right?

While feeling sad about showing already I got some nice compliments that made me feel so good, so I have to document it because I give myself only about 4 more weeks before I look more like a balloon.

Last week while in the valley at the play offs for basketball I ran into an old class mate. She told me I was looking good. She asked if I had lost weight and I told her not at all. She then said, "no really, when you walked in I thought to myself Taytum looks good like she's lost weight." So I told her I was actually a few months pregnant and she couldn't believe it. I don't know if she was totally lying when she complimented me, but it was just what I needed.

That same night this guys looked at me with a funny look on his face and said, "Aren't you pregnant?" while looking at my baby region. I guess he didn't think I looked like it. I was on cloud nine.

Then at work this week this teacher was walking out to lunch and she said, "Why are you skinny?" She totally threw me off and I told her, "I'm not." She then asked if I had already had a baby and I told her no. She said she couldn't wait for me to start getting a belly. I told her I could, but thanks for making me feel good.

Obviously, I can see the changes more than anyone, but I know I don't look the same. I asked Trevor, "Don't you think that's my own fat still?" But he said it was more baby. I have been so self concious because I am at such an in between stage, but it's not going to last for very much longer. I suspect that I will soon be writing about some rude person that feels the need to tell me I'm huge or that I look like I am carrying twins but for now, I figured I better write these moments down so I can look back at this.

15 comments:

Erin said...

Now you're going to think I'm just saying this, but you DO look good!! You don't look pregnant at all. Seriously, I wouldn't have even known... you know, if I didn't know! Yea for you!! By the time I was 15 weeks I could barely fit into my normal jeans... but it was because my butt and thighs had gotten so much bigger!! No joke, my belly had nothing to do with it. You need to tell me when you're going to be in the valley again and I'll come meet up with you.

Joey & Tiffanye said...

You look good! You can't tell that your pregnant! I know how you feel with being in the middle of your own body, or baby bump. But I can feel the changes, and see some.

Amy J said...

You look great! I was showing when I was like 3 months pregnant, I agree with Erin, if I didn't know, I wouldn't be able to tell by looking at you! Way to go! Oh and trust me, I felt like screaming at that girl, or her mom! And Dannon was working or I would have totally dragged him with me! So do you get to go soon to find out if Baby Waite is a girl?? Notice how I ask girl and not boy :)

Bailey said...

I am going to agree with Erin. You look small, like you've lost weight. I'd tell you the truth too. And yes, you'll get bigger, but you need to think you look cute, even if you don't. I thought I was the freakin' cutest pregnant person UNTIL i saw pictures...a year later, now, should I be debating on getting pregnant again BECAUSE of this...no, but I am. SO now all I think about is buying the freakin' cutest maternity clothes and making sure I AM the cutest pregnant girl. Its all what you make it be my sista! Love it, enjoy it, soon you'll miss it!
Bailey

Michelle and Javier said...

I think it's cute! :) Anyway, just remember that you're going to have a precious little one soon and it'll all be worth it :)

Joey & Tiffanye said...

You have been book Tagged! Since I know you enjoy reading so much!

Anonymous said...

you look great! I know people can already tell that I'm pregnant! I feel like I'm carrying twins...I can still wear all my normal clothes, they're just not quite as comfy as they used to be...but I'm only 13 weeks! anyways... you look great!

Tyler and Naomi said...

Sure thing!

Erin said...

Ok, and I have to say it. Your boobs look bigger! You can delete this comment if you want. I love having pregnant boobs!!!

Heidi Joncas said...

FYI: you are to glowing!

Creative Corner said...

I totally know that inbetween stage but I too think you look awesome! REALLY awesome, way better then I did at that stage!

K. Bitton said...

I think you look awesome! And at least you are pregnant....

Mary Anne said...

I hope you get this because apparently i've missed your last few posts (i really don't know how that happened!) but oh my gosh taytum! I guess it has been a LONG time since i've seen you, but seriously...so seriously...you look so good! Like if I were to run into you randomly I would ask you if you've lost weight. No lie. Me...on the other hand no so much! but I TOTALLY feel you on the in-between stage. Like I feel like I can't blame my pants getting a little tighter on pregnancy because I'm just fat! For this reason I'm excited to actually look pregnant. You're further than me, but I feel like this inbetween stage just started like the other day. Can't wait to see you with your growing belly...

Lisa said...

You really truly do look good!! I promise i'm not just saying that either. I find myself comparing myself to others a lot. It's not necessary. you are so beautiful. I've always told you that. We are all beautiful!! It's true. You are so blessed to be carrying that baby. And i think woman that are pregnant are so beautiful!! Seriously. I know i'm a little unusual. You look great!

The Ray Family said...

I mean this with love. YOU'RE RETARDED! You skinny little thing you're not even showing at all. That's all the pregnancy hormones in you making you think you're already bigger than you are. It happened to me too, but wait....I was too big too fast lol. You lucky duck.